Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Help – New to Post

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim Harding

All

I have now started the role as a resource analyst and I an new to the role.

The Centre
    They have 83 staff……of which they have 17 different skillset lines incoming…with not all staff trained on the 17 lines..

They currently do not have a manpower plan..and work in a very reactive way….they do not have a workforce management system….therefore nothing is scheduled….staff work set shifts…..therefore nothing is planned effectively..

The further problem / complication is that there is no money in the pot for an expensive system.

What would you advise?…or what would you do?

Thanks

Tim

Chris Linden

Tim

Without the aid of a WFM tool, you will need to revert to an analyst’s best friend….Excel. It appears that you have quite a job on your hands but I will assume that you do have access to data from your ACD.

You will have to start in a reactive way. Build up a picture of historical data by interval that will show you certain metrics like service level, call volumes, ave work time, ave agents etc. This will allow you to identify areas of concern as well as provide you with the information needed to produce a forecast/manpower plan.

You should then be able to match the set shifts to the forecast in order to identify resource peaks & troughs and recommend schedule changes accordingly.

Obviously, this is a simplified answer to a complex task. Let your service level data be the driver to identifying resource gaps as a starter. Then you can worry about other factors like shrinkage, adherence etc.

Cheers,

Chris

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.