Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Team Leading dilemma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Darren

I wonder if anyone can help me out. I have a dilemma and need some advice. I have a staff base of about 25 advisors handling calls against a forecasted workload within a call centre environment. I’ve noticed that calls are queuing and several calls have already been abandoned. What data/MIS should I investigate to understand the cause of the increased call volumes? What actions do I take to mitigate the situation?

Thanks

gary

Hi darren,

This software could be expensive and you make need to change your phones you operators us. Anyway the software is call Avaya CentreVu Version 11.0 this will enable you to be able to view all agents login waiting on a call.

Reagards

gary

Linda

Darren, I believe that you will want to research what average call handle time was used when estimating staff needed to handle the specified call workload. Compare that to your teams average call handle time now. Handle time is talk time + wrap time. I would assume that the handle time has increased. This can happen when something new is being explored/experienced by your customer base or training of the call center team. You should also review the individual stats to ensure compliance to goals and/or performace standards. There may be some people not performing. You may simply need more people the forecast should be reevaluated on a regular basis especially if the workload/call types are changing. Email me separately if you want me to help you more.

Chris Linden

Darren,

If the problem is indeed with increased call volumes and not, as Linda rightly points out, with rep behaviours, then you need to look at the types of calls you are receiving. You have to ask yourself why customers call you in the first place and identify if anything has happened in your industry or business that could contribute to increased calling. If you have such tools, you could investigate CTI or IVR records to highlight an increase in a certain type of call.

The solution also depends on your definition of call volumes. If you are referring to calls answered increasing, then follow the steps above. If your calls answered is the same but abandons are increasing, then the issue may be with not have the right number of reps in place at the right times (i.e. a scheduling issue). If your calls answered are decreasing & abandons increasing, then your issue is likely to be in rep behaviour, as Linda has alluded to.

Cheers,
    Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.