Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Is Pakistan ready for inbound

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Shabbir Hussain Raju

ATTN: Patriot

What do you mean by grow up?

And A.K. Deserve what ever i said!

Coming to your point that

“The whole industry in Pakistan is not even a blip on outsourcing radar worldwide.”

But we give QUALITY work, because we first go on QUALITY then Quantity!

And once we decided to do that then you will see !

I hope you got my point!

And now who needs to grow up?
    🙂

Anwar Kazi

Shabbir Hussain Raju:

I really appreciate the nice words but would also request easing up on the ‘tareefs’ because it really does seem like I paid you off :):)

I appreciate your zeal and now I am loosing sleep on how to match your standards :):), lets talk about what issue effect the industry rather than any personalities. “Tareef sirif os khuda kee jis nay tumhay banaya”

I hope you understand

Anwar

deja’vu

So this is very encouraging that peoples are coming to Pakistan and investing money in BPO and ITO sectors, I came across some goraz who are very much anxious to start Call centers or offshore centers. Iam just concentrating searching the european market for more business opportunities,
    I just request the governament officials to facilitate those investors in BPO and ITO sector and dont make such a senario for them that they started thinking of running away.

Harris Iqbal

Shabbir,

By grow up, he MEANT GROW UP. Instead of fighting a race of the “best city”, “best boss”, or “best call centre”, why don’t we all focus on getting the “best work” in Pakistan. This forum seems to be going nowhere, unlike many Indian Call Centre forums that discuss potential bussiness and latest trends.

We should all focus our discussions towards positive points instead of arguing with each other.

Regards
    – Harris

Anwar Kazi

Harris I agree completely!

So please suggest the topics of choice and let us start discussing real issues

Thanks

Anwar

Harris Iqbal

Anwar,

Thank you. Finally I have someone half decent to agree with me 🙂 Hmmmmn topics of discussion. Listed below are some topics that we could discuss:

1. HR policies
    2. Training
    3. Business development
    4. Quality Assurance / COPC / ISO
    5. Technology Trends

Finally I think we should also discuss a plan to meet at least once a quarter to get to know each other better. That way we wil be more comfortable to resolve issues and discuss the latest problems at hand.

Regards
    – Harris

Anwar Kazi

Harris:

Good points, let me throw in my 2 cents to get the ripple effect going, below are your points and my one-liners lets see where we go from here:

1. HR policies
    Anwar’s Reply:
    We need to treat this industry as any other industry in Pakistan where the HR can see a clear career path and as their needs change with age, the Call Center is there to support them. Asset needs of Cars, Homes, education etc should or cannot be also avoided
    2. Training
    Anwar’s Reply:
    After HR this is the second filter in a call center, people still believe here that training can be taken lightly, the goverment needs to support us here by involving foreign trainers to go inside current call centers, fix up the mess, train the trainers etc
    3. Business development
    Anwar’s Reply:
    choose a vertical, pay for learning by getting consultants on board, then convert them in being marketeers for you
    4. Quality Assurance / COPC / ISO
    Anwar’s Reply:
    forget the relevance of ISO in this field, COPC is the way to go will take about 18 months or so
    5. Technology Trends
    Anwar’s Reply:
    start with hosted then move to in-house

As for the meeting is concerned, our company has always had a large presence at any event which will support the Call Center cause in Pakistan

Anwar

Harris Iqbal

Anwar

Sorry for replying late. I just changed call centers :). So now I am no longer with Voxel.

Well, I also agree with what you wrote. Defintely the government has to take initiative, and by initiative it is not publishing in newspapers that the Call Center industry is growing and booming and will earn lots for Pakistan. By initiative, I mean that the Government should help Call Centers in terms of HR and also BD. India is so way ahead of us, and one of the key reasons in the role the government has played.

Secondly, I think we need to meet on a frequent basis and also jointly apply for bigger opporutnities that are available in the market but are currently not in the range of any one call center, i.e. a 200 seat Tech support contract is something that NO call center in Pakistan can do alone. So I think there should be strategic alliances between call centers and we should collectively hunt for large scale business.

Keep in touch Anwar. It is always nice to hear from you. Best of luck to you and Alt-Source.

Regards
    – Harris

Muzaffar

Hi everyone,

Everyone here seems a guru in the call center industry with so much knowledge about the business.

However, i am looking for a point of enternce myself, and would appericiat if anyone of you could tell me which call center to join in first.

I have got training from guys who have been working in TouchStone, They trained my specially for Mortgage, I am tooo crazy about becoming a part of this industry so if anyone could be of some help in this regard cause without reference it seems difficult to get in.

So if anyone can , then do help me in starting my carrier in this industry.

Thanks

Muzaffar

Anwar Kazi

Muzaffar

Where are you located?

Anwar

Muzaffar

ATT. Mr. Anwar Kazi

well i am in Islamabad and i dont know if it is proper to give the cell # or id here , but i am much frustrated to stay out,

Any suggestion would be highly welcomed so Mr. Anwar talk to me

Allah hafiz “all”

Muzaffar

Anwar Kazi

Muzzaffar:

Get some certifications and formalized training under your belt first.

Good luck

Anwar

Harris Iqbal

Anwar,

Whatever happened to our converstaion regarding “Call Center Issues”?

Regards,
    Harris

Anwar Kazi

Harris:

Sorry was traveling earlier, so I apologize about the delay in my reply.

Frankly after this semewe3 debacle I believe any new investor should wait and see how the situation turns out in Pakistan.

The government’s top priorities should be:

1. Get another bandwidth pipe into Pakistan
    2. Concentrate on making the top centers successful by working with each one individually
    3. Get consultants from abroad with at least 10 years of blue chip experience to work with centers in-house for a period of no less than 6 months
    4. Admit the problems first and then show how they resolved them one by one, especially to foreign companies

As you know there is no ‘ONE’ individual who can get anyone decent quality business, it involves due diligence, risk assessments, negotiations, etc etc so there is a long list of qualifying criteria. The government should help call centers come to a level where they can fill out a decent sized RFP (not lie on it) and then go from there.

So the basic benchmark should be, GET COMPANIES TO A LEVEL WHERE THEY CAN PARTICIPATE IN FILLING OUT DECENT SIZED RFPs

Anwar

Fauzia

i want to start call center in islamabad. which formailities i have to go through and the requirements involved in setting up the call center

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.