Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Is this a Joke?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ajay

Tell you what Cynic,

From now on, move your bank account from HSBC to someone like Nationwide. (They have openly said that their CC will be in UK).

Maybe that will stop your heart from ‘sinking’….till Nationwide announces that they too are moving elsewhere.

Like I said before, the company who has migrated the process is to blame. For the Indian CC, the customer is the UK company. (Why don’t you voice your greivance to HSBC?) —- Maybe they will listen?

The CC’s that I had the (mis)fortune of dealing with (i.e. Compaq and 3) took nearly 5 weeks and 3 weeks respectively to do something that normally should have taken only a week (at max).

Half the people in England cant understand what the Scottish CC staff says! Get real – its easy to point your finger and give the i-dont-care; i-only-want-good-service arguement(s).

So globalisation is not helpful eh? Wonder where UK would have been today without the global markets that help keep its companies afloat.

Your bank charges may not go down, but the freebies that you get???? Would HSBC be able to fund them if they werent saving somewhere.

Private companies run on the ‘maximise profit’ paradigm; and not a philanthropic one. Sorry, but thats just the way things are ;0)

And I repeat – There has to some merit in HSBC’s top boss’s statement – where he said that HSBC’s Indian CC staff outperformed their UK counterparts.

Cheer up Cynic,
    Ciao

Cynic

From now on, move your bank account from HSBC to someone like Nationwide. (They have openly said that their CC will be in UK).

> Good idea.

(Why don’t you voice your greivance to HSBC?) —- Maybe they will listen?

> Good idea. But they probably won’t listen. A company that cares so little about its customers that they move their most important customer facing staff to a different continent is clearly not customer focussed.

Half the people in England cant understand what the Scottish CC staff says! Get real – its easy to point your finger and give the i-dont-care; i-only-want-good-service arguement(s).

> Yes, I agree. It’s easy. But what else should consumers do? We are not shareholders. I guess we just move our accounts as you suggested.

Private companies run on the ‘maximise profit’ paradigm; and not a philanthropic one. Sorry, but thats just the way things are ;0)

> HSBC is not a private company. But I agree. The ethos is the same, and it’s not in the consumers’ interest.

And I repeat – There has to some merit in HSBC’s top boss’s statement – where he said that HSBC’s Indian CC staff outperformed their UK counterparts.

> His primary role is to keep shareholders happy; not consumers.

> So, broadly, we agree. We are just approaching this issue from different angles. You are championing South Asian call centres who have their customer interests at heart. I am championing the consumers’ views. Who else is interested in those?

Ajay

I’m beginning to enjoy this mindless nitpicking —- beats staring at the BBC website during lunch hour.

Why blame CC’s if the company whose customer you are doesnt care? (I think they do, but thats beside the point.)

You are a shareholder Cynic, and can participate in HSBC’s ‘annual shareholders meeting.’ Write a letter to them asking them for more details. (btw – another tip; buy some HSBC stocks. Seems like they are doing well.)

Still dont see the harm in moving to a different continent. As an international bank, they have those options open (and more importantly, their minds.)

I have the highest regard for HSBC’s ‘customer-focussed’ ethos —- they were the ONLY bank to offer me an account when I was in UK. (And we are talking 2 years ago, not 20!)

I am not championing anybodies cause —- but simply cannot stand whiners who hate anything that doesnt directly benefit them (or benefits someone else.)

To cut a long story short, the consumer will HAVE to learn that hard choices have to be made. Production moved to low-cost areas in the late 80s – early 90’s; now its the turn of IT-enabled services, including customer-care.

magnetic`feud.

Since I am an overseas call centre op, allow me to voice my opinion on what I think.

From my experience, some of the customers do not give clear instructions e.g. mixing standing orders and direct debits and scold us when we ask if they meant the other thing.

Another problem is when people call on why a charge has been placed on an account, we explain to them but they are not happy. They ask us to monitor their account for them. Why don’t you monitor your own accounts for a change and avoid them from going overdrawn? Simple solution to your problems!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.