Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Is this a Joke?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Peggy

Are these posts jokes?
    You can’t be serious.
    The posts here are barely comprehendible.

Cynic

You are right. This place is full of idiots looking for a free ride.

Our South Asia friends need to do some proper research instead getting hung up over accent training.

Don’t worry about your accent; learn proper grammar.

Phil

Peggy and Cynic:

Talking about accent and grammar. Is there a word called “comprehendible”? Can’t seem to find it in any English dictionary. You guys talking about English speaking call centres or what?

So much for being non “South Asian” and all your so called “research.”

Don’t look down at others when you can’t stand straight yourself!

istie

errrrr actually,there is such a word as comprehendible!!!but that doesnt mean i agree with peggy n cynics views at all!!! infact i think theyre abit upset that 1000’s of jobs are being lost in the UK and elsewhere due to the offshore callcentre boom!!! typically they dont like to see others succeed so they make idiotic comments like below to make themselves feel better!

Phil

Well… none of the dictionaries i know have “comprehendible” I guess Peggy wanted to say “comprehensible.”

Well… there are so many more things to be upset about… rather than call centres…

Cheers 🙂

?????

I really find it funny when people from so called developed economies have views like this, now when they cannot run few of industries whether it be manufacturing or services they start to crib about it and call south asians idiot.
    The day is not too far when we will rule the world by the help of our talents and not forces.

Cynic

Just read some of the rubbish on this forum, and you may start to understand people’s cynicism.

For every 100 messages saying “how much will it cost for me to start a call centre”, there is one message about meeting customer expectations and assigning and measuring service targets.

Also, realise that this obsession with accents is a complete irrelevance; it does not matter. If a call centre agents speaks nonsense, the situation is not improved if they speak that nonsense with a western accent.

If, in the Western world, you are unfortunate enough to have to deal with a South Asian call centre, you will understand our despair.

Job losses in the UK do not matter; there is plenty of work. I write this as an end-user of companies who have outsources their contact centres overseas.

As for South Asians ruling the world: that may be true, but I would suggest that it is not particularly relevant in this discussion.

Ajay

Would have loved to reply to Cynic’s post…but dont think I will…….coz people like Cynic pull us down to their level (of idioticity); and then beat us with experience!

Cynic

There is no such word as idioticity.

And when you mention my experience, remember that I speak only as an end-user who suffers these calls centres.

Surely, such experience should be cherished; not dismissed. At least, that is what I would expect from a customer focussed operation.

?????

i totally agree that there are few people who do not know c of call center start to talk abt it just because this is the booming industry but there thousands and thousands of other people who have taken this very seriously and working hard to improve the situation.
    And if there are enough jobs in the west then stop cribbing.

Cynic

We almost agree. But, I am not cribbing about job losses. As long as they provide good service, these call centres could be on Mars. It makes no difference to me.

Ajay

Cynic,

Am sure you understood what I meant when I said ‘idioticity’. You probably didnt understand the quote: Wasnt talking about your experience as a customer…but of your experience as an idiot!!

In all probability, you are one amongst those scores of Yankees who welcome us when the going is good, and are the first to give us the boot when it isnt. Well guess what: TOUGH!!

All I can say is that nobody considers your views a reflection of intelligent American ideology.

And when you talk about customer service levels, there has to be some good in what we (poor, ignorant) S. Asians do. (Ask Microsoft, Dell, GE, Convergys, Prudential, IBM..the list goes on and on.)

Cynic

So, the customer is an idiot. Not a great way to demonstrate customer focus is it?

I am not American. I am British. Having my telephone call answered in America infuriates me as much as having my call answered in India. It is not a question of accent; it is a matter of understanding local culture.

Here is an example: when I pay for a flight and say “can I pay by Switch please?”, I expect the agent to know what Switch is without referring to an operational manual or a supervisor.

Of the companies you mentioned, the only one I deal with regularly is Dell. Fortunately, they still answer European calls in Ireland.

Globalisation does not help consumers; it only helps shareholders. And, Indian call centres are as guilty of globalisation as American multi-national corporations.

Now, if you would like to continue this discussion, let’s keep personal comments out of the argument. What we are discussing are serious issues, and I am doing my best to champion the views of European consumers. Ignore them at your peril.

Ajay

I wonder why my previous reply was moderated???? Anyway, Cynic, I will answer your issues one by one:

Maybe you havent (or maybe you have) heard of the term ‘process migration’. It refers to the migration of an entire *IT/Customer-related/business* process. This happens from the UK end and when it happens, training is given by the UK ‘gurus’ to Indian call centre staff.

Have you thought that maybe the Indian staff dont know what switch is, because a) they dont use switch in India; and b) no-body told them???? Why blame only the Indian CC’s, when UK businesses dont care?

And please dont give us the arguement that UK CC’s are better. Having just returned from a 18 month stint in UK (and having worked with one of the North-Easts biggest CC’s) – I know what its all about. Try the CC’s of 2 companies – Compaq and 3.

There has to some merit in HSBC’s top boss’s statement – where he said that HSBC’s Indian CC staff outperformed their UK counterparts.

Why should we be ashamed of globalisation? Isnt that what capitalism and free market economics are all about? (btw, it does help customers by bringing down costs….savings which the companies pass on to their customers.)

As for your last statement – ‘let’s keep personal comments out of the argument’ – I want to reproduce what you said in your very first post – This place is full of idiots looking for a free ride.

Ciao

Cynic

Have you thought that maybe the Indian staff dont know what switch is, because a) they dont use switch in India; and b) no-body told them???? Why blame only the Indian CC’s, when UK businesses dont care?

Cynic> As a consumer (and that is all I am), I do not care where the problem lies. Yes, you may be right. You’re probably right that UK companies are not migrating their processes properly. But, as a consumer, I hear an Indian accent and my heart sinks.

And please dont give us the arguement that UK CC’s are better. Having just returned from a 18 month stint in UK (and having worked with one of the North-Easts biggest CC’s) – I know what its all about. Try the CC’s of 2 companies – Compaq and 3.

Cynic> But they know what switch cards are, because they probably have them in their wallets.

There has to some merit in HSBC’s top boss’s statement – where he said that HSBC’s Indian CC staff outperformed their UK counterparts.

Why should we be ashamed of globalisation? Isnt that what capitalism and free market economics are all about?

Cynic> Well, now a political discussion could start. In my opinion, globalisation is not helpful to consumers – only businesses.

(btw, it does help customers by bringing down costs….savings which the companies pass on to their customers.)

Cynic> NONSENSE. It is all about improving shareholder value. I have an account with HSBC, and my bank charges have not gone down. In fact, HSBC just announced record profits. Great for their shareholders, but not very exciting for me.

As for your last statement – ‘let’s keep personal comments out of the argument’ – I want to reproduce what you said in your very first post – This place is full of idiots looking for a free ride.

Cynic> Yes, I take your point. But, my comment was not personal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.