Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Computer v Human the future

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Gush

Hi

I am currently starting an MBA dissertation and I’m looking at researching the future of call centres with respect to Human Staffing or automation systems such as voice applications, IVR, Web Self Service.

This technogy is moving on a pace and is becoming more cost effective to a lot of organisations. Is there a risk that the traditional call centre will dissapear and if so how will this affect customer service and the brand loyalty of organisations that adopt this technology.

If anyone has any views on this topic I would be pleased to hear from them.

shridhar kumar

Hi,
    Its a given that technology is moving at mind boggling pace. However, the traditional call center would still not loose lot of ground as it is important the People are the differentiating factor. The reason why some of the call centers are still doing great business is not just their tech. advent but also the people they have….

Gene Reynolds

I agree with the above comment. Automation will move into the “simple request” or “low value” processes of businesses where margins are already tight. High value processes and complex queries, like complaints desks will continue to employ contact centre staff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.