Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Calculating a forecasted abandoned rate?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hello,

I currently work for a fairly large call center and we are attempting to forecast our abandon rate for any given day.

Currently we forecast for staffing levels, off phone work, call handle time and service level. Ultimately we would like to brake abandon rates down into half hour intervals like our service level, but an overall abandon rate for the day would be fine.

Is there a way we could calculate this based on the forecast day?

Thank you.

nigel

Andrew
    No one can accurately predict abandonment rate as there are too many factors involved. How long would you wait for a sales line, for a claims line, on a freephone line, staff available when you call, sudden surges in calls etc

However if you do want to try, there are free calculators on the internet where you can specifiy the time that callers will wait before giving up. you can then for any given call volume and handle time, estimate the number of abandoned calls.

Abandons will vary depending on the business you are in, the cost of the call and how important it is to the customer that they speak to you, the ease of alternatives, e-mail, quality of your queue messages/music.
    If I need your help, I will wait for a long time, if I am buying from you and you dont answer, I probably wont wait for so long.

Standard Erlang assumes callers will wait for ever but there are versions out there that will estimate abandon rates for you if you really need it.

You could use look up table based on your historical data. IT may be that 100 call generates 2 abandoned calls,125 generates 15 etc etc

Ramesh

Is there a calculator to calculate the staffing which can look at BOTH % of calls answered within specified time and the abandonment rate (65% of calls answered within 20 sec and less than 5% abandonment – calls abandon after 20 secs)

HanhPhuc

I ‘m doing caculate for SMS (for PSTN), I do’nt known caculate traffic for message whitch SMSC broadcasting for user, if
    – Average siezure time for receiver a message from SMSC is 7 seconds
    – Each broadcast lasts 60 minutes
    Can you tell me:
    How do I caculate: Average short message broadcasting traffic of each user =??
    thank alot
    give me as soon as

HanhPhuc

I ‘m doing caculate traffic for SMS (for PSTN),
    I do’nt known caculate traffic for message whitch SMSC broadcasting for user, if
    – Average siezure time for receiver a message from SMSC is 7 seconds
    – Each broadcast lasts 60 minutes
    -65% of calls answered within 20 sec and less than 5% abandonment

Can you tell me:
    -How do I caculate: Average short message broadcasting traffic of each user =??
    -Can you tell me correct or incorrect: AHT=7*(60*60)*65%/20

if incorrect you tell me caculation “Average short message broadcasting traffic of each user ”

thank alot
    give me as soon as

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.