Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Hi, I am a Canadian who has experience in call centers (Marketing & Trainingn & various other). I am wondering what it is like to find work in India as a Canadian. What does one need in terms of visas etc. I am also wondering what one can expect for lifestyle in terms of amount of money one can make (I realize this depends on type of work and experience) and how safe is it?

Thanks!

Mohit

Hi Bob,

Great to know that you are interested in making a career in India.

First of all let me assure you that India is a very safe place to work and there is no problem in any part of the country apart from Kashmir. Most of the call centers are being set up in South India which are far away from Pakistan.

I think it will be best for you to come to India as a Consultant on call centers. The expats can expect a good life in India but certainly moneywise, the western nations are much better than India. Please let me know the kind of experience and the years of experience that you have.

Visas are dificult to get for long term work here in India but can be managed.

Cheers,

mohit

Ashish

Hi Bob

India is a nice place to be and to operate a call center ‘coz of cheap resources.
    Believe me it’s dire cheap

Ashish Sawhney

Bob

Thanks for the information Ashish, & Mohit!

Mohit …. My experience is mainly in Sales & Marketing. The only call center experience I have is from here in Costa Rica for the past two years. Here I have mainly focused on increasing the sales abilities of the agents. They have moved from a 25 percent close rate to over 50. I have also been responsible for development it terms of new business. This has entailed producing a number of websites. There is much more that I could tell you but I would take up all the space so I will end with my past experience. My background as I mentioned is mainly sales and marketing. I have spent a number of years in the Advertising industry as a Radio Station Manager as well as a Video Producer. I also spent two years in the Steel Industry. I hope this is what you were asking for? Thank you once again for your input!!!

Mohit

Hi Bob,

Great to know about your experience. i am sure with the kind of experience that you have, you must have built a lot of contacts in the industry that can be utilised to get business for the call center.

In India, it is easy to get people to run the call center but the most important thing is the business proposition. What is the vertical (Industry) you want to cater to? Do you plan to have an inbound or an outbound as well? Do you have enough contacts to give you business for at least one year?

Outsourcing the work to India results in at least 45% cost savings that is a good value proposition for any company to transition work to India. However, it is important to convince them that they need not worry about the work and the center would have enough capabilities to serve them. Hence operations is another area where you will need to concentrate.

In case, you do not plan to start a call center on your own, you can joion any call center as the business development manager. This will enable you to stay in Canada and work for an Indian Call Center.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Cheers,

mohit

Bob

Thanks once again Mohit!!! I am not looking to own a call center at this point. However you have given me a few ideas in this area as well as others.

Respectfully,

Bob

Bob

Hi Mohit, I do not have much knowledge of India work wise or socially. Could you reccomend some places where I could educate myself. I would like to come to India to work for sometime to enjoy the culture while working and perhaps move back later as you say and generate business for a call center. Would this be an idea that could work?

Thanks
    Bo

Mohit

Hi Bob,

This certainly is a good idea. You can first work in India and then try to get into business development. You can visit the lonely plant site to know about india or visit http://stylusinc.com/business/india/cultural_tips.htm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.