Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Toll Free from India and Pakistan

• This topic has 30 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years ago by Russ Sandlin.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    akhi

but russ wheres the scalability you have 2-3 major call centers and you see all the advantages becoming disadvantages.

also the advantages which you mentioned can be achived by locating to smaller towns in india.

also india is now a cluster for outsourcing where you have got answer for almost any and every service

as happend with a lot of industries like automobiles.

regards

akhi

Russ Sandlin

Akhi,

There are some 300,000 people in India working in call centers. There will be 3 million people doing BPO work in India within 5 years. Pakistan has less than 1000. There is room for at least another 100,000 BPO jobs here before we see the start of saturation. Pakistan has a gifted, untapped resource of human capital. I can’t say enough about Pakistan. The first 150 BPO’s here will have better people than all other BPO markets on the globe.

Russ

akhi

even i have no doubt about pak’s human potential.
    what i was trying to convey is something called clusters of excellence like one that exists
    for automobiles in detroit and for cycles and cycle parts in ludhiana (india).
    where you are more competitive as support services are cheaper.
    firms learn from each other.
    firms are more prepared to offer new services.
    more apt for changes.
    also on human potential indias human capital just doubles
    vis a vis pak as females are also added to the work force.

also it can be said the pak would be very well able to cater to vanilla kind of products.

where as india will be offering entire gamut of services.

regards

akhi

Russ

Akhi,

I am actively working with the other top 5 or so Contact Centers in Pakistan to develop benchmarking, and to see if we can develop the industry. I don’t know if that would fit into your definitions of “clusters” but we sure think the BPO industry is poised for blast off here in Paki.

Russ

akhi

russ,

i am convinced with your reply but what i wonder is pakistan even after having the same advantages vis a vis in software could not develop a worthwhile software industry.

the litmus test for BPO industry will be a downturn in the sector.

as in the case of software where at the time of boom pakistans nascent software industry was also doing well but as we see its almost wiped out after the downturn.

regards

akhi

Russ

Akhi,

We have brilliant software engineers working here as CSR’s as we ID and advantage verticals in the software development sphere. As fore the women, I forgot to tell you, 50% of our staff is female, and they have NO problem with our hours. The women of Pakistan are no wallflowers and they will not be subjugated, despite the reports otherwise. The Pakistani secret is a big one. I can’t see doing a BPO anywhere else.

Russ

akhi

hi russ,

whats your current strength

i mean how many people working with you

regards
    akhi

Russ Sandlin

Akhi,

We have 40 production seats working now, and we have another 40 ready to go. We have space for 300 and we plan to gradually grow with business mostly in US financial markets. We have very talented IT folks too, so please keep us in mind.

Thanks!

akhi

well in india as i was speculating many call centers still remain underutilized
    thats why i was wondering how you guys are doing

also theres a lot of consolidation happening here in india hardly 30-40% of call centers BPOs will survive.

regards

akhil

Anwar Kazi

Akhi,

Some very good points made. One of the determining factors in the success of India and the failure of Pakistan in ITES field is the angle of marketing.

Pakistan has had very bad exposure to marketing compared to India. I have travelled thru India extensively and worked with Indian folks in the US and I dont think that there is a tremendous amount of difference between India and Pak HR.

The difference arises sharply when it comes to marketing and exposure of Pakistani entities compared to Indian entities.
    The driving forces, i.e., businesses in the West finding value in Indian HR and shaping the strategies for the success of the Indian ITES sector have not touched Pakistan even by a yard stick.

Two reasons why the driving forces have avoided Pakistan:
    1. The image of Pakistan in the rest of world is very hard (guns etc)hence a hard sell in a organization both internally and externally
    2. The major Pakistani business entities USED to have the mentality of ‘we will make it and they will sell’ avoiding marketing completely and making it only a sales function.

Things are changing in Pakistan but it will take some time to recover. Consider this though, with 44% of businesses now choosing outsourcing due to cost saving only, how long will it be before Pakistani bandwidth rates will come down to match Indian rates and with the low utility rates, salaries, and infrastructure cost in Pakistan, the per hour rate will become unbeatable with the same or better quality. At that point this country can probably put their own flag on the world outsourcing map.

Anwar

Dr Ramesh Manghirmalani

I have seen some of your messages, here is a deal I will try Pakistan for call Center big and small, show me what you have and what you do, give me some references and I promise I will work with you,

regards

Ramesh
    cell 408 621 3314
    rameshpv@pacbell.net

Russ Sandlin

hey guys, just to let you know I am in Hyderabad India now.

Russ

Abdul Mustafa

Three UK (3G) have outsourced their call centre to India and the service is absolutely abysmal.

Russ

Abdul,

I believe that, the centers do not have anything on Pakistan, and the aaccents are as good or better in Pakistan compaired to India. I am praying for some seed money to come back to Pakistan as fast as I can!

Russ Sandlin

Saeed Qadri

Russ,

Let me know your plans. I am looking for some help in operations and otherwise. drop me an email.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.