Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

legal formalities

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    uppchunk

Hi everybody,
    What are the legal formalities to be taken care of while signing an outsourcer/ vendor.
    As i heard that there were frauds in past when outsourcers didn’t paid to call center.i am not kidding i have list of few defaulters which includes some big names too.
    uppchunk

Amit Naagar

Hi Uppchunk,
    I would like to know where to find the list of defaulters as i’am going to sign a contract very soon, as far as the leagalities goes i think it would be appropriate to consult a lawyer in this regard anyway it is always better to work on some form of a bank gurantee as far as the payments are concernd.
    Amit

Vishal Jhamb

Hi Uppchunk,

Can You share the List of Defaulters here. It will help a lot others from getting into something they are not sure of, It will be a big community Favor. I personally know of 2 companies which have promised people Moon and Sky and not delivered after charging them heafty sums of money. They claim to have tie-up with US Aggregators but at the end there is nothing, and they are mere brokers to the entire business. They eat you alive on most occassions and are not trust worthy, anyone signing should first verify the credit rating from the US end which is available for a small price or go thru a reference check.

Vishal Jhamb

Amit Naagar

Hi Vishal,
    Could you please let me have the names of these two companies. As we are going in for a contract very soon it would be of great help if you can let me have the names of the defaulters.
    Thanks
    Amit

uppchunk

hi all,
    I tried to aware all of you thats all, i don’t want to name companies here .
    and i request all of you please don’t enter any company’s name arbitrarily in this list.

Webmaster

This is a rather difficult subject. Vishal: you are right that “naming and shaming” is a good thing, and a service to the industry. But, I hope you understand that it leaves my company in an uncomfortable position, legally.

I’m sorry, but we cannot allow the names of these companies to be published on our Web site.

R.Chandrasekar

Hai Folks,

U R all discussing legal issues. Certain basic issues like how the money would be flowing in is to be crystallised and reduced to unambiguous writing in the agreement. It is always advisable to knock off the intermediaries by paying their share and enter into agreement directly with your overseas clients. There are people promising outbound campaign with stolen maillist and engage you into meaningless activity and run away with the booty. Always contact and deal with the ultimate client who is going to write your cheque directly. Also when you put up a huge set up it makes sense to fly down to the clients office and see his set up and his capabilities. International documentation has certain peculiarities . Involve a good lawyer with experience.

James Wilson

I provide telecom services to Call Centers in Central America and Caribbean. We require a deposit on-hand that is larger that their usage during billing period. This is the only way we have found that will 100% protect aginst non payment. Shorter payment terms will help too. If customer will not give large deposit give weekly billing. I’m not in the lending business why carry anyone elses debt.

uppchunk

i agree with james. specially weekly billing. but even with weekly terms dealing with mediator is real tough job.
    Mediators existance we can’t rule out. they won’t lets you to contact the main client or main client may not be willing to contact call center directly.You won’t find any listing of such mediators abroad or in India to whome anybody can rely.
    I hope atleast there must be some control/varification by govt if the mediator is indian.
    Genuine mediators plays a very important role and if they charging some amount then thats their bread.
    my conclusion is existance of mediators is must and its very helpfull for both clients and call centers. But there must be some regulatory body who can assure both clients and call center.
    LETS HOPE SOMETHING WILL COMEUP POSITIVE in this direction with time.

prajaakta

hi uppchunk,
    Is there any regulatoray body exists for mediators? even if they are existing for other export/import business,i think we can ask them to list genuine call center compaigners.
    is it not possible?
    prajaakta

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.