Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How to be an effective mediator

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ria Jain

I have a client in the US who has asked me to find a suitable call center in India for them. What are the steps /procedures I need to take to be an effective mediator? This is my first so could someone advice in detail please.

Antara Ghoshal

Hi Ria,

Good that you are looking at being a mediator to outsource call center operations to India. Though India is a country endowed with excellent Technical Skill pool and English speaking work force, the call center Industry is primarily concentrated in two or three major geographical pockets. You can call the country a mini continent owing to its huge cultural diversities, mother tongue etc. Here the major issue to focus is about landing in a place where you can be assured of sourcing a homogeneous workforce, though the technical capabilities does not vary.

Call Centers in India

In order to meet the growing international demand for cost-effective, customer-oriented call centers, many organizations worldwide are outsourcing these services from locations like India. India has intrinsic strengths which can make it a major success as an outsource destination:

A booming IT industry, with IT strengths recognized all over the world. The largest English-speaking population after the USA
    A vast workforce of educated, English-speaking, tech-savvy personnel: A boon in a high-growth industry faced with a shortage of skilled workers,Cost-effective manpower: In a call center operation, manpower typically accounts for 55 to 60 percent of the total cost. In India, the manpower cost is approximately one-tenth of what it is overseas. Per agent cost in USA is approximately $40,000 while in India it is only $5,000.
    Technical support: India graduates about 100,000 engineers each year. These can be used in call centers for troubleshooting/tech support as the salaries are dramatically lower than in Europe or the US.
    The Government of India has recognized the potential of IT-enabled services and has taken positive steps by providing numerous incentives.
    The presence of most international technology vendors and solutions would enable creation of most advanced set-ups in this technology- intensive segment.

IT-Enabled Services Include:

Helpdesk Services and remote troubleshooting of IT-related queries from clients in the US
    Transaction Processing
    Accounting Services
    Call Centers
    Remote Network Management
    Service Bureau and Entrepreneur Systems
    End-to-end Processing Services with linkage to the parent company. The entire processing would be carried out in the facility in India, with a cost quality and service advantage to the parent organization.
    Product Specific Solutions Include:

Risk Modeling
    Data Mining
    Actuarial Services
    Underwriting Variation Analysis Analytics

As we understand from the forum, if you are still looking for a call center in India, we could offer you the right guidelines and support.

Ria

Antara Hi! Thanks for your response. Would like to stay in touch – Will get back to u soon
    Thanks again
    Regards

Anand

Hi,
    my question is similar to ria’s..i.e i have a client from us who has asked me to start a call center in india…..i am working in a call center….but still i want help regarding the steps that i can take in order to be an effective mediator…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.