Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Bandwidth requirement for a 120 seat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Suresh

Hi we are setting up a 120 seat Outbound call center in Hyderbad I want to know how much bandwidth IPLC do I need to take from VSNL

any one who has the answer let me know any suggestion are welcome

Thank you

chandra

Here is a suggestion

1. Assume 8K per call center staff. for 120 seats,this will work out to 960 K.

2. Assume that you have 10% additional staff in supervisory cadre (or 12 seats) who will use 40% of time. This requirement will work out to 38.4 K

3. Assume overhead of 20% to both the above. The total will be 1.2*998.4 = 1198.08 KB.

4.Take a bandwidth of 1280 KB. you can provide additional provisions for growth and other traffic

this link could be interesting

http://www.soc.staffs.ac.uk/~cmtsjr/methods.doc

Hope this helps

chandra

Prasad

Mr.Suresh,

What ever Mr. Chandra is correct and also it depnds on the technology ( PC Based / Switch based) and Compression methods.

On PC Based for every 64 channel..8 Lines are theoritical, but in practice U won’t get more than 6 calls with noice free. If you go beyond 7 you can observe Noice and other factors..

Bye

Mukund KS

Hi is there a calculator available for doing this calculation where we have to just enter data and let the calculator do the rest

SANJAY BANGROO

PRASAD IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

WITH VOICE COMPRESSION U DONT PRACTICALLY GET PURE 8 VOICE CHANNELS FROM A 64KBPS LINK.

SANJAY BANGROO

Suresh

Hi Chandra, Prasad, Mukund and Sanjay Thanks a lot for the information

Chandra thanks very much for giving URL it has got lot of information which I wanted to know

Thanks very much
    Regards
    Suresh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.