Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IVR and Phone Lines

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe Smith

I have a question. With a IVR can in handle more then one person with 1 phone line? or do you need a telephone line for every person that calls in?

I am wondering if the computer takes the call and leaves the line open for another call that the computer can take. If a IVR does not do this, is there such software or a device that can?

SANJAY BANGROO

INTERESTING AND INMPORTANT QUESTION.

LET ME EXPLAIN AND PUT IT IN THIS WAY :
    See if your IVR or a Voice Mail system is connected to an EPABX / Switch and say for example u have got a four port IVR or a VMS , and a caller calls on one of the lines , as long as the caller is interacting with the IVR or the VMS , the port/channel will not be free and no other call can land on this port BUT as soon as the caller opts for transfer to the agent or call center , the port is released and free to receive another call on the same port while the first caller could still be talking to the agent.

Now coming back to your question , I would say YES and NO both.
    If the caller is holding on in the IVR then it can handle only one person but if the caller transfers to some other application or call center agent , then more than one person / caller can be handled by the IVR on a single IVR port.

Hope this clarifies , in case u have more queries feel free to write to me.I shall be more than glad to answer all your queries.

Regards
    Sanjay Bangroo

K Suresh Kumar

Dear sir,

I am interested in developing IVR system in VB, but i do no have to do that. If you suggest me good books, which are available in India, i will be so grateful to you.
    Please suggest me the books, which starts from the scratch and also books which covers advanced also.

I am planning to do IVR with Modem. So please give details which are relavent to that.

I am BE graduate. Please help me out.

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.