Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BHCA

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Call Center Manager

Anyone able to advice me whether the BHCA for PABX system and BHCA for ACD is the same or different?
    Possible to have BHCA PABX = 32000 but BHCA ACD = 2500? What will be the impact if this is the case?

SANJAY BANGROO

Your question is not correct.
    It seems u r not a technical guy.
    BHCA is always for the SWITCH / PABX and not for the ACD.
    Different vendors specify different BHCA ratings for their system but there is a definite formula for claculating BHCA and BHCC from erlang calculations.
    In case u require more details , revert back to me.

Sanjay Bangroo

Call Center Manager

Thank you Sanjay,

You are right that I am not a technical woman.

I have attached his explaination, pls advice me if what he claims is correct?
    The PABX system is able to support
    32,000BHCA and this traffic capacity is based on the total aggregate that the PABX system can support on the whole; ranging from trunk, extensions,all other supportable applications (such as the OAI for ACD, MCI for
    IVR, etc…).

Now, ACD is just one of the applications developed by our partner,for the PABX system, which can never match up to 32,000BHCA,
    else there is no meaning to the PABX system. ACD is currently rated at 2,500 BHCA with a delay of less than 2 sec in performance. Beyond that, the call delivery is delayed further and based on our traffic analysis on Dec 01 where the traffic hit 4,600 BHCA, the delay is between 2-3.3
    seconds, i.e. an additional 1.3 secs at 4,600 BHCA. As explained also, this high traffic generated is also based on the insufficient agents to handle the high traffic during peak hours, where many call announcements were made. Operationally, if there is insufficient agents to handle the call,naturally there will be higher abandon rate, even if the Q-Master is delayed further for another 1-2 secs.

I hope you can now appreciate my explanation on the differences in the traffic capacity.
    Is this the right way to quote a PABX system?

SANJAY BANGROO

NO , I THINK THE GUY IS MESSING UP THE THINGS. THE SWITCHING FUNCTIONALITY IS ODNE BY YOUR SWITCH ( PBX ) AND NOT THE ACD SOFTWARE , AS SUCH THE BHCA OR BHCC HOLDS TRUE FOR THE SWITCH AND NOT THE ACD.
    YES ONE POINT WHICH HE HAS MENTIONED IS TECHNICALLY CORRECT , WHICH IS

“As explained also, this high traffic generated is also based on the insufficient agents to handle the high traffic during peak hours, where many call announcements were made. Operationally, if there is insufficient agents to handle the call,naturally there will be higher abandon rate, even if the Q-Master is delayed further for another 1-2 secs”.

IN CASE U REQUIRE FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS , PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME

SANJAY BANGROO

Call Center Manager

Sanjay,

In that case, if the PABX is quoted to have BHCA of 32,000, it should not slow down if there is a high traffic of 4600 BHCA. It should function like a 32,000 instead of as mentioned by the supplier, the slow down is cause by the 2500 ACD BHCA, whereby my PABX have the BHCA of 32,000. Right?

Call Center Manager

What data can be found in an IVR report? Anyone has a sample that can be forwarded to me?

SANJAY BANGROO

I can send u the IVR reports and data , but I need your E-mail ID for that.

Can u ask your vendor how is he calculating the BHCA of his switch ?
    Then I will throw more light on the issue.

Sanjay Bangroo

Call Center Manager

Can you help me with more specific question to ask my vendor. I don’t think he will understand if I ask him how he is calculating the BHCA of his switch or he will pretend not to know and ask me a lot of question to go round the bush.

SANJAY BANGROO

Kindly ask him to explain the formula for calculating the BHCA for his switch.

Regards
    Sanjay

SHAILENDRA GIRISH

WHAT IS BHCC FOR A SWITCH.PL. EXPLAIN.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.