Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cost per call

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Angie

Anyone have formula for cost per call charge for budget? Number of calls, number of agents = cost per call???

Moises

If I can Help you, this like: get the total of your calls, divide by the number of agents, this is called productivit of an agent.

Adriaan Baston

Cost per call can be calculated by taking the agent’s average salary and multiplying it by the number of agents. That gives you an rough total cost for the agents, just divide this by the number of contacts and you have a basic cst per call.

A far better way is take all costs by account code and calculate the call-centre’s share including overhead etc. and divide this by the total number of calls.

Best wishes,

Adriaan.

Carole

Both accounts above are incorrect. To calculate a cost per call, you take the total expenses which include fixed and variable costs, i.e. total payroll, rent utilities, supplies etc, and divide it by the total calls your call center handled for the month. This will give you the total cost per call.

Moises

Carole,

I agree with you.

[]s

Moises

Jay

Carole,
    Thanks for the information.

It’s really very helpfull.

Thanks

Jay

Patrick Debuyck

Carole,
    Thanks for the information.

Can you or anyonelse give me some clarification on the way to translate this to the price per call to be asked to a customer. For example, having 1 client, the cost by ticket (investment of infrastructure, floorspace, resources) will be higher than sharing the service by 2 or more clients. How to play with these parameters?

Thanks,
    Patrick

Moises

Well first of all if I’m correctly undestanding, you are talking about ROI (Return of Investment) right?

Patrick Debuyck

Absolutely,

How can I be sure not to price to high or to low the tickets to my customers, how can I be sure to balance cost & revenue?

Thanks,
    Patrick

Moisés

Patrick,

Right the Roi is used for this proposal. But it is complex.

If you want more help I will need more informations.

Regards

Mois#s

Arlonda

If you don’t have access to all of the fixed and variable cost, can you use a load or burden rate of 1.35 x the salaries / number of calls to get a cost per call number

Anil

Its simple..make a cost sheet of the complete operations and calculate backwards. Normally right now it is between $.50 to $.80 per minutes.

Shinta Octavia

I have something to ask too. I try to calculate call center cost/ call but I,m still confuse. Should development expense be calculated as a part of cost/ call, like call center development staff salaries and total investment for call center development. So do training cost for agent or development staff?

Thanks

C M Sharma

Shinta
    Unless and untill it is for a specific project/program, Development Expenses should also be included as a part of cost/call. However, investment for call center development is of capital nature. Hence, the same should be amortised as per company policy say over a period of 3 years or 5 years or more. Yearly amortised amount only should be added in development expense to calculate cost/call.
    rgds

Joe

Cost per call must be calculated in accordance with the company’s overall accounting practices, which define how to amortize development costs and capital expenses, what is the company’s standard burden rate, how to factor in certain expenses (e.g. whether IT maintenance costs are extra), how to treat opportunity costs (e.g. NOT renting space or using space for other purpose) etc. There cannot be one formula that fits all, which results in significant discrepancies in “average” costs reported by various companies (see, for example, http://www.diagnosticstrategies.com/papers/Benchmarking.pdf)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.