Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Evaluation of Call Center Staffing Model

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Abhay Thatte

We are doing a performance audit of our local 911 call center. One of the important areas is determining whether the model they use to determine calltakers is adequate.

What factors should we be looking at? So far, we have consider variations in hourly callvolume, average call duration (including wrap up time), and percent of call that need to be answered in ‘x’ seconds.

Also, are there industry standards for wrap up time? That is, time between call ending and operator becoming ‘ready’ again to take the next call.

Thank you.

Abhay Thatte
    City of Portland
    503-823-3545

Jean

Abhay-

There are no set industry standard for any call center metrics. In order to determine what is best for your call center you need to consider the motivation of the caller to establish the target service level, the call type, knowledge base, tools and experience of the representative to determine handle time and wrap-up times, and the appropriate length of the call to meet hte needs of the customer, through quality monitoring, surveys and focus groups with the customers.

I live in Portland and am available as a consultant for establishing service standards for call centers, you can email me at: contact@queuestar.com if you think I could be of assistance.

Good Luck with your improvement efforts!

Jean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.