Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Legal Issue

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 23 years ago by Joseph.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Geragosian

Can anyone direct me to a resource where I can determine if it is legal to monitor calls for training/quality without first informing the customer? Our Agents would be aware when a call is being monitored, however based on our current IVR design we do not have an opportunity to play a meassage to a new caller.

John

It would depend on what country you are in I guess. I know in Australia, in most cases it is done legally. You can get into a bit of trouble under federal legislation if you record calls and the recording system does not form part of the telecommumications system per se, but as 99% of the community are not aware of the legislation I am not aware of any problems and certainly no fines as a result of a breach of the legisdlative guidelines. The biggest problem we have is the union not budging on its acceptability, not that we stop mind you.

Joseph

Not only the country, but the state as well. In some states only one side needs to know they are being monitored. In other states, both sides need to know.
    In Arizona, nobody needs to know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.