Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Engaged Tones

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sadik Ibrahim

Hi, I hope sombody can help me here.

I currently forecast for 7 main Queues and 4 call centres around the UK and I would like to know if anyone out there includes Engaged tones in their forecasts.

I would like to know how to go about including engaged tones within my forecasts.

What is puzzling me is how do you convert calls from engaged tones e.g if we have 10,000 engaged tones how do I determine the number of customers trying to get through?

Please help me by e-mailing me or calling me on 0113 388 6352 and I’ll call you back

Thanks

Sadik

nigel price

Sadik
    I think a number of companies have the same issue but there does not appear to be an easy solution. some callers will get busy 10 time, some not at all, some once etc etc.
    Are you artificially creating the busy tones or is it a capacity issue ?
    Either way the easy way to find out is remove the restriction and take the hit. You dont have to route all these calls to agents.
    If you are artifically creating busy, use the same triggers to give customers a message.
    Try this for one week, count the number of times the message is given. It wont be 100% accurate by any means but it will give you an idea.
    Accuracy could be improved by the wording of the message.

Could your system cope with 10,000 extra calls, do you have staff to deal with 2,000 extra calls ?

Again

One further thought, the number of actual callers will be determined by the type of business you are involved in. Ask yourself, would you ring again if you got the engaged tone.
    If you are a sales line, the number of individual callers may be much higher than if your are a claims service/helpline where callers have a real need to contact you.
    The number of repeats is almost certainly directly linked to how important it is to the customer to get in contact you.

John

Try contacting your telco carrier. Many telcos will be able to provide you retry statistics. From that you can determine the retry probability for you centre and then build this into your forecast of calls. As with the reply above though you need to understand why your customers are recieving an engaged signal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.