Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Starting a call centre

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Hrishikesh

Hello Sir,
    I am into computer training business for last 6 years. I have experience of transcription business as well. I wish to setup a call center in Pune. I have proper infrastructure (hardware & premises) but would like to know if any one can help me set up the unit. Association with some existing player who is looking for expansion would be best solution.
    CAN ANY ONE HELP ME!!

Vinay Talwar

Hi,

I agree with Deepak when he says:

‘Infrastructure is one thing and running a successful call center is another thing.’

Although he has focused only on the Technology part of Infrastrucutre, it is very important to give equal importance to ‘People and Processes’ as, it is my experience, that just technology cannot do or achieve much and without motivated People and the best practice Processes the venture is doomed !!

We are working with a number of Contact Centers in India and it is a fact that a number of them do not give enough importance to these factors and as such loose out.

Regards,

Vinay Talwar
    CEO

Rana Sanga

Please advice which Call Center Solution is better Server Based or switch based. I want to start with 120 seats Call Center

Sangeeta

We are a diagnostic test kit manufacturing company based in U.S. We want to set up a call centre in Bangalore, India. What are the requirements for the call centre including infrastructure and manpower?

Deepak Handa

Dear Sangeeta,
    Hi!
    It seems that you want to setup a kind of help desk to support your clients who do buy your diagnostic kits.
    In that case its going to be a incoming voice/Fax/email/web-chat kind of a call center. you should keep in mind that technology wise cost distribution is server based is 15% and switch based is 25%. Hardware another 15%,Infrastructure 15-20% depending on location in India and remaining will be required for training/salaries/operations etc.

Regards
    Deepak

Vineet

Good luck to all setting up call centers but there are a few things to think about before you do and I’ll attempt to touch on some issues only.

I think someone mentioned about Infrastructure different than Operations..which is very true but there is more to it. You have to look at a particular clients needs. I know that some call centers in India are facing lot of issues relating to operational efficiency, accent, training through-put, telecom understanding, infrastructure scalability, processes, SLAs etc. You cannot resolve all these issues in one go (no matter how good you are…I know I have setup a lot of these things). So there needs to be a certain amount of level setting and prioritization that needs to be done.

A successful call center would anticipate, learn all its weaknesses and strengths before taking client live.

The US market is not as forgiving as the rest of the world. So I recommend an alliance to the US companies, as they don’t know the market and I recommend hiring talent for the Indian Centers to help prioritize.

Hope this helps. Let me if know.
    Thx

Ken

Need a project manger to set up a domestic call center. Replies ASAP for it. Payment 30 k per month for 5 months. 5 months contract.

Hotlink

Deepak,

Can you please clarify the percentages given for server-based 15% & switch-based 25% ?

I was given to understand (from AVAYA server IP600 vs Definity G3si) that the server-based is a costlier proposition and you have problems beyond 200 seats in server based in building end-to-end QoS.

Is it ?

Deepak

Dear pals,

If server based proposition would have been costlier or there would have been problems in scaling beyond 200 seats in a server based solution then Market Leader(74% installations in India) DAVOX would not have opted for Server based solution provided by a much smaller player like CELLIT Technologies and would not have merged to form Concerto softwares. for more info you can go to web site of Davox.

I can assure you a 1000 seater with blended agents and working quite satisfactorily using Server based technology.To prove it further I can refer you name of our client currently using server based technology for 350 seats in Delhi.

DO NOT WORRY GO WITH THE SERVER BASED TECHNOLOGY FOR MULTIPLE LEVEL REDUNDANCY AND SCALABILITY. WHICH IS CHEAPER YET FLEXIBLE WITH OPEN ARCHITECTURE.

GOOD LUCK
    DEEPAK

Pankaj

we are setting up a call center 96-144 seater in bangalore we need some experienced person who can manage the center technically and functionaly.we will pay them some % from the billing.

Manab

How about a company talking on the business of the operations and management?

Rak

Interested in setting up a call center in bangalore..Interested people do write to me.

Rajesh

My company wants to set up a call center in delhi
    Any delhi based consultant can leave his address/e-mail/phone no.
    for further procedings

laks

can any body tell me exactly what are the hard ware requrements to setup a 50 seater outbound call center.

sairam

sir,
    iam a computer graduate and would like to start a call centre with my friends .. i would like to know the requirements for seting up a call centre .. as at present i have a 50 seat computer institute .. i would like to convert it into call centre.. and i request u to kindly help me in giving ,me the right suggestions and the reuired infrastructure needed to set up a call centre and i would also like to know the estimated value to setr up a call centre..iam based at hyderabad…
    kindly mail me if any one has any suggestions …AND ANY NEW IDEAS…
    I WOIULD LIKE TO THANK THIS CALL CENTRE FORUM WHICH IS REALLY HELPING PEOPLE LIKE ME TO KNOW MORE AND TO MAKE GOOD VENTURES IN THIS PARTICULAR FIELD…

thanking you ..
    sairam chandra

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.