Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

New Incentive Plan

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sue

I am experiencing the problem of “babied” associates. I have associates that can not trouble shoot their headsets. They call me before checking the connections or the batteries. How do I make them responsible for their own work?

Lisa Clow

We have a similar incentive, but we base ours off of conversion, calls per hour and revenue per call. What I need advice on is what other little things can we do to boost morale and make sure that each agent knows how much we value them. Of course cost is an issue but we would like to give them something that would let them know we are watching and noticing not only the challenges but the great job they do too.

Examples: Baloons w/ lotto tickest
    stickers w/ co. logo and date.
    Please send me any ideas you may have. (Hotel industry)
    lisaclow@webtv.net

Sue – read this

Sue, I have the same experience in my group, and this is how I handled it: First, whenever I was approached with a similar situation, I told the rep to watch what I was doing so that they could learn it for themselves. I didint pitch it as ‘so you wont bother me’, but more like ‘if you know how to check this, then you can solve your problem faster rather than waiting for ME to do it.” I like to give them the sense that they do not want to (or have to) wait around for ME to solve a problem that they can fix themsleves.

Later, I told them up front, that their evaluations would be based on more things than how many calls they take and how many sales they right up. Autonomy, Problem-Solving and Initiative would be EAQUALLY measured. I dont know how you do evaluations there, but I find this to be VERY useful. The slow and the weak usually improve or quit, because they understand that compensation is tied to all aspects of their performance.

I hope this helps.

Sue

Thanks for the information. Our current compensation package is not tied to performance, only tenure. That may be part of our problem. We do have a bonus plan which we are currently restructuring because it was not much of a motivator. I would love to talk with you more about what works and doesn’t work in your call center. Please let me know if you are interested and we can exchange email addresses.

Thanks again.

Jeff for Sue

Sue –

Always eager and anxious to exchange thoughts with other Call Center Managers.

Feel free to e-mail me at TOMRIVER@AOL.com

– Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.