Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

how to develop pc to pc phone using java

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Weldebrhan

i am new to voip programming i want to develop pc to pc phone through the internet but i have a difficulty what to read ,what to install in my pc especially how i can use the voip protocols
    can you help me ?any help is great.
    thanks

Teodor Georgiev

1. Download the java API for SIP signalling. As SIP is the most common protocol used for IP phones and SoHo gateways nowadays (and not to forget that it is much easier to “code” SIP than H.323) – you should go for it.

2. Then you need an RTP stack + codecs. The compressed ones (G729 and G723) are not free of charge though.

You might go with G711 and iLBC.

jp

Take a look on sourceforge.net and search for an opensource project related to pc-to-pc voip. There are a number. you can download the source and learn from it.

jayan

i am new to voip programming i want to develop pc to pc phone through the internet but i have a difficulty what to read ,what to install in my pc especially how i can use the voip protocols
    can you help me ?any help is great.
    thanks

varam

how to write the code for pctopc using h.323 protocol

Peter

Thanks Teodar!! I was looking for help of the pc2pc voip programming in java.the given information by you did help much.Thanks again!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.