Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP deployment for HQ and remote office

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Renato

I’m researching a way to deploy VoIP in my company. Our situation right now is the traditional setup: each branch office has their own telco lines. So, you can already see that, since our remote offices (about 18 ) are scattered around the U.S., our long distance bills are high. We already have a VPN network set up for our data infrastructure. I’m looking for a way to use VoIP to communicate within each other, and make calls out of headquarters and another major office/branch. I’m also trying to keep costs low (obviously) and maybe using gateways (Audiocodes Mediants) to prevent having to dish out large amounts of cash for IP phones, etc.

Can anyone give suggestions as to how we can approach this plan?

Thanks!

MikeM to Renato

Renato,

Check on the Quintum products (www.quintum.com). They were designed just for your situation. No need to replace your pbx or install cards, you just install the Quintum gateways onto your existing telco lines (between the pbx and the telco) and the quintum will intelligently route calls over IP as needed. Additionally, it will also allow for fail-over back to the telco if needed.

Look at their web site and feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Mike M
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Renato

Thanks MikeM. I checked out the hardware, though I’m not too familiar with what is needed to complete the setup. I know I will need a couple of Tenor AS or AF series, though I’m not sure what’s needed on the HQ side to connect our T1.

Though I didn’t see or I don’t think they have IP-PBXs (our current voicemail system sucks!), so I’m assuming I’ll have to take on that with someone else, right (Asterisk, etc)?
    Thanks

MikeM to Renato

Renato,

Quintum has T1 units (DX). As for IP PBX, no, they do not have this. Their market is the transition market at the enterprise to leverage your legacy PBX without making any huge investment/forklift upgrade to complete IP PBX with IP phones and such.

Mike M
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.