Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

False Answer Supervision

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Durun

Hi,
    I am using quintum ax.. I have enabled answer and disconnect supervision, progress tone is disabled. If a call comes to the quintum gateway and no one answers that call we here after 60 seconds very quick peeps from the pstn line and at the same time the quintum gateway starts to connect the call. First, after 5 seconds the quintum gateways starts to recognize the disconnection.

Setting of “answer delay” from 61 to 100 seconds has not changed anything. Also setting of “answer supervision hold off” from 1 to 10 has not changed any things.

Could some one tell me how to prevent that 5 seconds duration which is not real or how I can configure the gateway that it answers correct?
    Thanks
    Durun

MikeM to Durun

Durun,

Many are confused about the answer delay command and it is documented in the cli reference guide. When you have answer supervision enabled, the answer delay is used to determine how long the tenor will look for a valid answer. If the timer expires, then no matter what, the tenor will say call is connected.

You should set answer delay to 120 and see if that resolves your issue.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Durun

Hi MikeM,

thanks for the suggestion. I have tried also that (setting of answer delay to 120second) and did not see any changes. the pstn line disconnects exactly after 60 seocnds and we hear 2 different quick peep tones. The fisrt one takes exactly that 5 seocnds and after the next quick peep tones starts, the call is disconnected.
    Very strange but a real.
    Regards
    Durun

MikeM to Durun

Durun,

In this case, it seems that the first set of tones from your PSTN is different than what the tenor expects for disconnect tones and believes the call is answered. If you could find out the frequency of the tones and the on/off times, you can adjust the disconnect tones settings in the tenor.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Durun

MikeM,

is there any possibility to found out the frequencies without asking th provider himself?

Regards
    Durun

MikeM to Durun

Well, if you have a really good ear and can tell frequencies and use a stop watch to count the on/off intervals, or purchase a frequency analyzer (about $1000 or more), not really.

Another thought is if you have a pbx, maybe you can look up in the PBX config for this info as any pbx would have the same problem.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Durun

MikeM,
    I am not using a PBX.

I am getting this 5 seconds connection problem with the following two settings:
    1) loopstart/answer delay 120s/answer&disconnect supervision
    2) loopstart forward disconnect/answer delay 120s/answer&disconnect supervision.
    all other settings are worse.
    Regards
    Durun

MikeM to Durun

Never said you were using a PBX, you asked how you can get the frequency and on/off time without contacting the provider and one of my suggestions was that if you have a PBX or know of a company that has one, you could probably find the frequency and on/off time there.

As for your test, I would assume option 2 would fail since that is not valid.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.