Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum DX2024

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    john

I upgraded the quintum dx2024 with a new patch P105 after upgrade I am unable to login

this is all I get after it reboots:
    WITHIN 4 SECONDS, PRESS ‘r’ FOR FACTORY DEFAULTS OR ‘i’ TO SET STATIC IP

then when I press “r or i”

This is what comes up no login or ip setting

Address load Exception
    Exception Program Counter: 0x945ef310
    Status Register: 0x00008401
    Cause Register: 0x10000010
    Access Address : 0x960c2f19
    Task: 0x970a0d00 “ROOT”

MikeM to John

John,

Sounds like the upgrade failed in the middle and you probably will need to follow the directions in the document on erasing flash to reload the system.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

John To Mike

Thanks – Mike
    I have to post it here may be it can help someone too…

Reformat Flash

1. Press and hold both the Diag and Reset buttons, then release Reset and continue to hold Diag until the unit boots to the Tenor prompt.
    2. Type the command ‘er 32 2’ to reformat the flash.
    3. At the Tenor prompt, type ‘ftp -c’ to assign a temporary IP address to the unit. Enter your configuration at the following prompts:
    * IP Address
    * Subnet
    * Default Gateway
    4. Type ‘C’ to continue.

More on the quintum site…

mostafa

when i type ftp at tenor prompt the message _EmacNwayWaitState strobe cnt=2000 will appear and it could not go to ftp server mode. what can i do?

MikeM to mostafa

Not sure why you would type ftp at any prompt in the tenor. You type ftp at your dos prompt on your computer and then connect to the tenor from the FTP of your PC.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Mostafa

thasnks alot MikeM,my axt2400 has been flash reformated and I should connect to it via serial cable and temporary IP add. so I need to run command ftp in diag mode,and uploding bin and license files

MikeM to Mostafa

Ok, but you do not type ftp in the quintum. You reset the unit to come up in diag mode and then select the ftp option from the menu list.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Moastafa

I did not understand your mean. I connect unit to may pc com port via serial port. run hyper termina and after cmming up unit at tenor prompt TENOR> I have typed ftp -c to set the temporary ip and the ate TENOR> I have typed ftp and pressed ENTER to active tenor ftp ability but I have received that mentiond message,

MikeM to mostafa

Mostafa,

Not sure if you are following the directions correctly. Do you have the document from quintum on reformatting the flash? There are 2 steps that must be done before you type ftp;

From the document:
    1. Press and hold both the Diag and Reset buttons, then release Reset and continue to hold Diag until the unit boots to the Tenor prompt.
    2. Type the command ‘er 32 2’ to reformat the flash.
    3. At the Tenor prompt, type ‘ftp -c’ to assign a temporary IP address to the unit.

If you have seen and done this and are still getting an error, then the software version you have may have may not support this.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Mostafa

Dear MikeM Ihave done all directions of that document, current firmware version is 103.08.08.However I sent the screen shot of my unit to your email address.

Mostafa

Hi mike;
    have u gotten my email, is any solution for my problem or not?

ofer

I had the same problem, I was using hBX but yet again the same error. If you was able to overcome that problem please let me know.
    it appaend to me today when i tried to upgrade from P102 to the P105-19.

ofer

Sorry my mistake… everything is OK. I forgot about the flash utility.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.