Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Problem quintum wholesale application

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rate

Hi all,
    I would like config quintum D3000 for wholesale application.
    The call come from IP to my GW quintum and depend of call number, I would route call for another GW (cisco for exemple).
    How can I to do that. Thanks

MikeM to Rate

Rate,

The simply answer is you cannot do that with a D3000. The D3000 is a gateway and when it receives a call from IP can only send the call out one of the T1/E1 ports. It cannot do IP-to-IP calls directly.

The more complicated answer is there is a way around this, but it is not simple and is usually not recommended. You can connect the 2 T1/E1 ports together (back to back) so that when a call comes from IP, it will go out T1 port 1, come back into unit on T1 port 2 and then you can send it back out to IP. This requires special configuration and may not work at all depending on what you want to do. There is also a quality issue with this. You will be compressing/decompressing each voice packet twice and this will add delay which could affect quality.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Rate

Thanks Mike.

ak

Mike, with this solution how many simultenous calls will connect

MikeM to AK

If you are talking about D3000 and call flow is;

IP–>D3000–>E1 port 1–>E1 port 2–> D3000–>IP

then you will only achieve 15 calls since the D3000 will only support 30 VoIP calls, and each call will use 2 VoIP channels.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.