Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CODE 34

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sunny

getting this back falsely from the far end, for example all the calls are clearing with a 16 but the call durations are all zero seconds.
    codes like 34 – No channel available – are lowering MY ASR levels Can any one help me out from thiss issue.
    Regards

MikeM to Sunny

Sunny,

If the destination is a quintum and it is disconnecting for cause code 34, this usually means that the number sent to the quintum from IP does not have a match in the configuration, like there is no hop-off/lampattern set for this number.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmai.com

sunny

MikeM,
    Thanx Mate for you Infomation.All of most of my calls are clearing with 16 but the call durations are zero Seconds and few of them are conected with 16 30second and 20seconds. but few calls are more then 48 mints.
    those calls drope with 16 and zero Second Low my ASR.
    Can help me out on this one
    plz

MikeM to Sunny

Sunny,

In most cases, a disconnect with cause 16 (especially if there is no connect time) usually means that either there is too long a PDD from your PSTN provider or possibly a problem with no voice in one direction.

The low duration calls could be due to dialing wrong number (or having wrong configuration to cause wrong number to be dialed) to the PSTN and a recording (“The number you have dialed is incorrect…”) being heard. In this case the call will show connected, but the caller will hang up the phone as soon as the recording is heard.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

sunny

Thanx Mate for doing this good knowleg. i reduce my Rates from my Carrier end and every thing is working fine with out any changes.
    Thanx
    Mate

sunny

can u tell me how can i set my PDD 15 Seocnd on AXT 800

MikeM to Sunny

Sunny,

I do not understand? Are you asking how to increase PDD?? Well you could use 2stage dialing to add a pause.

If you are asking how to decrease PDD, usually that is a problem with your phone company as there is no delay in the tenor. You could use the addendofdialdigit parameter to add a # at the end and that may speed up your provider.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Mike

My carrier told me that you have long PDD set your PDD at 15 sec. They said cause of your code 16 with 0 second is only PDD. Its make any difference.
    I told them I having Code 16 with Zero second duration.
    I don’t have any idea what they are talking about may be you can understand.
    If that is the reason of Code 16 with zero second duration call. Our do u have any other idea how to resolve this issue.

Mike

Mike
    Thanx for your reply Mate. I dont want to increase or derease my pdd. My Carrire told me that you have long PDD set your PDD on 15 Second.
    let me Explan my setup.
    Carrire==>MyGungk===>AXT800===>
    Channel Bank with GSM Sim.
    Is there any setting in AXT800 or Gnugk for PDD?

sunny

MikeM to Sunny

So if your carrier says “you have long PDD” then you want to decrease the PDD. As I said, there is really 0 pdd in the tenor. PDD is post dial delay, the time of silence the caller hears from the time they are done dialing till they hear ring back.

From the tenor, it adds almost 0 time to this. As soon as the call comes to the tenor it is immediately sent out the FXO. It must dial digits to the GSM, so that will take a little time to dial each digit, but you cannot speed this up. The delay is usually on the GSM and wireless network in the time it takes to receive the digits, send it over the wireless network and make the connection.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

gyhew

i am agree with mike.

perhaps you should check your channelbank, or plug a phone and test how long is the pdd.

gyhew

sunny

Dear MikeM,
    Im grate full to for such a usefull information.
    what is code 0 mean. (Pre-Emption – Circuit reserved for reuse)

MikeM to Sunny

Where is the code 0 coming from? Quintum does not use a code 0 so it probably is being sent from a different device to the quintum.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

mdeen

I can solve whatever problems you have with the quintum as long as you are using it for VOIP. Please contact me at mohiudeen (at) h otmail (dot) com.

I need some help too 🙂 Can anybody tell me if I can use the quintum with asterisk for a pure tdm to tdm application without using the internet by connecting the quintum to the asterisk server through the lan card on the server?

Thanks.

MDeen.

MikeM to mdeen

There should be no issue in doing this. It is a basic connection (same as if connecting PC to Quintum with cross-over LAN cable). You just need a cross-over LAN cable.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.