Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

need help on quintum hardware

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jabed Morshed

hi,

I am an university student. I want to know about quintum gateway hardware & troubleshooting.

specifically I want the following thing–

1. Any guideline or advice how I can acheive my goal quickly.

2.Any resource regarding this.

N.B — I know how to configure and manage quintum gateway.

If you can help me then please help me. It will be a great help for me.

jabed morshed

MikeM to Jabed

Jabed,

I am not sure what you are looking for.

In terms of the hardware, if you are looking for schemtics and such, you will not get them as that is proprietary information that Quintum will not release. If they did so, then anyone would be able to make their own (of course they would still need the software, but you get the point).

For troubleshooting, you should make sure that you have a good background in telecommunications. This is much more important than the IP side as telecom is harder to fully understand than IP. There is more signaling for telecom than IP. Once you understand telecomm, you will understand much of how to troubleshoot any VoIP gateway, not just Quintum.

Specific to Quintum will be your ability to understand the event log such as the ch log, CAS, H323 and such. Most of these logs are industry standard, for example, most of the H.323 signaling (at the higher level) is based on ISDN/Q.931 signaling (again telecom). If you were to to understand ISDN signaling, you would be able to read the H.323 log. Additionally, there should be resources on the web to understand the other messages of H.323.

Good luck

Mike
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

repair a fauly port

hi,
    I want to know how can I repair a fauly port(dial tone not detected)

plese help me in this regard.

thanks,
    Jabed morshed

MikeM to Jabed morshed

If the port is really faulty, then you cannot repair it as you would need to send it back to Quintum for repair. However, many times a failure to detect dialtone may be a problem with the cabling or line. If your unit has the FXS/PBX ports active, you can try connecting the FXO/PSTN port that is failing to a FXS/PBX port directly and run the test again to see if it detects dial tone. If it does then the port is ok.

Also, if you are using GSM or Fixed Wireless Terminal for connection, try a landline to that port as a test.

Mike M
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.