Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call Signaling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wawan

Dear All

How much call signaling spend bandwidth?

thanks

MikeM to Wawan

It is minimal at best and added into the total bandwidth needed for voip calls based on the codec type.

wawan

hi mike
    thanks for your info.
    My problem are our acd low, thats way i try change codec, and another problem is too many call signaling come to our network, thats way i want to know how much udp byte for call signaling h323?

MikeM to Wawan

Low ACD could be for many reasons. Wrong codec is not one of them. If the codec is wrong, the call will fail completely. Some reasons for low acd could be misconfig on answer supervision, a wrong hop off pattern, poor quality IP and/or phone line that causes people to hang up.

The best thing to do is to look at your CDR, pick a couple of calls that have low acd and call through the system yourself to those numbers to see what you hear.

As for the signaling, the only time you will get these messages is when a call is set to you ro when thte call is disconnected. Signaling messages are not sent any other time and the amount of bw is extremely low for them, not even worth mentioning. One thing you can check on is to make sure that your provider is never sending you more calls than your unit can take. Make sure that they look at the number of calls in progress and not connected.

If you would like some additional help in troubleshooting this problem, you can contact me at mike_voip@hotmail.com and we can discuss your issue and my services.

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.