Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Need help deciding what Voip PBX to adop

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 18 years ago by Gary.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jgiotta

Hello,

I’m new to the board and apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place. My office is looking to purchase a new Voip phone system and I have no idea where to even look for reviews of the different systems out there. I have a quote for the Avaya IP office but now nothing about it except I recognize the company. Can anyone suggest different options? Can anyone suggest where I can go to get independent reviews? Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

An added consideration is that my office may be selling whatever product we go with depending on our own experience with it.

Regards,

John

MikeM

John,

Much of your decision will be based on price and features. Another consideration is if you have an existing non-VoIP PBX, do you plan to scrap it for the new system, sell it? There are alternatives that allow your existing PBX to access VoIP, like Quintum.

As for pure VoIP, you should look at Avaya, Cisco (really do not like their call manager setup though) and also do a search on SPA9000. This is a low end, low cost, IP PBX, but with all the features of a highend one.

Mike

jgiotta

Thank you Mike. I am in the process if checking out Avaya and Cisco and now will look into the SPA9000.

Gary

You may want to check out the Asterisk@home project on sourcefourge.net website. It’s an .iso that you download, install and bingo you have a FREE easy to use, web configurable IP-PBX.

go to here:

http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Gary.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.