Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Need Password Help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    PassHelp

I recently configured a Quintum ASM200 via telenet and decided to change the password. I entered the Maintain# mode and typed password. I was prompted to enter old password, I did and enter new password twice which I did successfully. The I logout the system and now I am trying to log back in and my password does not work. What is causing this? And how can I get my in th box? Please Help!!!!

MikeM

Did you have caps lock on and then off? The password is case sensitive.

If you still can’t get in, you will need to contact Quintum to have them go in and reset your password.

PassHelp

Can I reset via Hyper Terminal?

Delete current configuration as follows:
    1.Establish a HyperTerminal connection to the Tenor. See Chapter 3: Installa¬tion.
    2Reset the unit (either turn the unit on and off). Information about the unit will scroll on the screen.
    3.Press Enter within 3 seconds.
    4.Type M (to modify). To cancel, type C.
    5.Press Enter through the series of questions until you reach the question Do you want to restore factory defaults (Y or N)?
    6.Type Y (yes) to restore the unit to factory defaults, to cancel the procedure, type N (no).

MikeM

The user guide you are reading from is for the older generation 1 units. This does not apply to the AS/AX/DX units.

naveed sharif

just add me in ur msn messanger i will let u know how to break quintum password my id is naveedffc@hotmail.com

PassHelp

Mike, does Quintum need you there physically at the box to reset the password? If so, what is involved? And is there is fee for this service from Quintum?

MikeM

If the unit is on a public IP and Quintum can access it directly, then you do not need to be there. However, if it is not on public IP, then you will need to be able to access it and talk with Quintum. They need to get a number that comes up at the login prompt and then they will provide a one time, time sensitive password to get in and then you can change the password.

I do not believe there is a charge, but you will need to contact them during their normal business hours.

PassHelp

Thanks Mike you have been a great help. I will call them tomorrow first thing. Are you very familar with configuring Quintums? Because I have a DX and some ASMs that I am configuring, I think I already got the ASM configured, because they will just be all traffic sent to them as hopoffs via the FXO port. But I need to know how to configure the DX to hunt amongst the five ASMs for open ports. Or to at least how to know how when all ports on a ASM is active(busy). Have any advice you can share?

Thanks Again,

Bernie

MikeM

Yes I do know much about Quintum. If you would like to use my services, you may contact me at mike_voip@hotmail.com.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.