Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SIP on cisco5300

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SIP Server

Honza, obviously you never configured Cisco for SIP, so why did you answer the question? Only to promote your company unneeded products?
    Before you give advise, make sure you know what you are talking about.
    I have configured many times Cisco with SIP without a SIP Server.
    SIP call signaling messages are never initiated by a SIP server, anyone who claims that, should go and read SIP RFC.

If you still have doubts check:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_call_flows09186a00801c522d.html
    For SIP call flows examples with and without SIP servers.

SIP Server

>3. Brekeke (not really free, I think the free license is up to 100 units).

Brekeke’s SIP server is completely free to personal/educational use.

http://www.brekeke.com/en/download/idx_sipserver_en.html

Honza Vomacka

I am perfectly aware how to configure Cisco gateway to use SIP without a SIP server. However this scenario is something you can use in your lab or for very basic service. But how do you configure things such as least-cost routing then?

To Honza,

It doesn’t look like you know much about voip or sip in particular.
    Even your company uses b2bua for LCR not a SIP server, don’t you know that?

Which brings another huge limitation of PortaSIP, no one mentioned before. If I shell 40K to buy your product for LCR, I can not route in h323 (so I loose all of my low costs carriers), and even in SIP I’m quite limited in choice of carriers, because your b2bua support SIP reorigination only with media flow around.

I evaluated your company in depth. There is gap between what you talk about in presentations and demos and what can be accomplished in reality.

Honza Vomacka

> Even your company uses b2bua for LCR not a SIP server, don’t you know that?
    This is a pointless argument about definition of words:
    PortaSIP = SIP server = SIP registrar + SIP proxy + B2BUA + RTP proxy + media server + others, all comes tighly integrated and is installed in less than 10 minutes.

noname

I believe it is you who is missing the point.
    No one buys a product just because it installs fast. It also need to give some value.

In the case of PortaSIP, with the limits stated earlier in this thread, not only it does not give value, it breaks important functionality that cab be achieved without it.

It is better (and cheaper) to use SER for SIP Proxy + Registrar and Cisco for b2bua + media proxy + media server.

Lawerence

IPsmarx also has 24 hour technical support, so when my system wasnt working…William at the technical team worked until it was perfect

Voipcomn

CISCO As5300 support SIP. You need to config Sip-Ua and dial peer.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.