Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum routing question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wilson Boyrie

I have a Quintum DX2030, working O.K. with several static routes to carriers.
    Now I have a small route that is very cheap, but instead of going to a static I.P. address, I need to go to a gatekeeper for I.P. resolution.

The trouble is that when I build the static route, the Quintum always pick the direct route to a carrier (gateway), instead of selecting the route trought the gatekeeper (proxy).
    Does not matter what priority I use, the calls go to the carrier first.

Any idea of what is the trick to select the proxy route (gatekeeper) as the primary route????

Any sugestion welcome.

Wilson Boyrie.

MikeM

Wilson,

That is a new one on me. It used to be that the Tenor would only pick the LRQ route to the Gatekeeper and never would go to the direct route.

How is the sroute config setup?

Wilson to Mike

Hello Mike.

The gateway is a DX2030, very normal setup.
    All my routes have direct static routes, except this one that instead of “gateway”, I checked “gatekeeper”
    On the static route,I entered the I.P. of the gatekeeper, and the new route have more digits that the direct one.
    The direct route have 598*, and the one trought the gatekeeper have 598XX* (not real “x”, but numbers, of course).

When you pull the “telephone route trace, both routes display out, but the drect one always have priority, does not matter what priority you assign to them.

Any suggestions?????? Could save me some money!!!!

Wilson Boyrie.

MikeM

Wilson,

what software version are you running?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.