Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Sysmaster L1 and SIPURA

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Warwick Hill

Hi Guys and Gals,
    We are operating an L1 Voicemaster with a minimum of 190 SIPURA 2002 and 2100’s attached.

Does anyone know what is the maximum number of Sipura’s that a L1 Voicemaster can accommadate ?

Rgds

Sysmaster

Like any other product that is based on Asterisk – no more then 100 calls at one time without jitter. On VM L1 make this 50.
    Get a real softswitch from companies like Mera or Nexttone, not an opensource office PBX.

Warwick

Thanks for getting back to me.

I will invesigate Mera and I know Nextone but my first problem is finding out categorically how many sipuras and concurrent calls a Voicemaster L1 , L2, & L3 can handle. If you have some factual answers I would appreciate knowing.

Cheers

To Warwick
    to warwick

Up to 80 G.729 calls on dual Xeon. I think that is a voicemaster L3. Brand new Cisco 5350 is cheaper and will handle twice as much calls.

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=product_detail&category=extras&product=G729

“Internal testing with dual Intel® Xeon 1.8GHz processors allowed 60 concurrent calls. Dual Xeon 2.8GHz processors resulted in 80 concurrent calls.”

Warwick

Thanks for answers. Much clearer idea now.

regards

smart to warwick

warwick, i see that you are easily confused but what appears to be employees of mera or nextone.
    DO NOT MIX gatekeeper and billing servers with gateways.
    As far as I know, Voicemaster does not have built-in gateway, while nextone, cisco, asterisk and mera are GATEWAYS or Softswitches with integrated gateways.
    I was tricked by the MERA “softswitch”, and almost bought it. it is not, they claim they support 1500 calls, then they added protocol and codec conversion, IVR and othe gateway functionality, another words they add a module, but as they said it’s a hardware module, i.e. they add a gateway in the picture. With all the translatiuons and conversions, the cappacity went down to below 300 calls. Do your homework. make sure you know what you are looking for, gateway ot gatekeeper.

good luck!

not so smart

Who needs a gatekeeper for SIP?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.