Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Voip network

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Saad

Hi all,
    I’m trying to setup a voip network with quintum tenor AXT analog. I have a satellite internet with broadband modem (Idirect netmodem). they gave me a subnet mask of 255.255.255.248 which gives me a 6 usable IP’s. The modem have 1 public IP and I would probably use one IP to share the internet using ICS host. what I want to know is what is the best solution for my Tenor so that i can use voip. should I have a switch after the netmodem and give a public ip the tenor or should I just plug the tenor the switch behind the ICS host ? or is there some better solutions.
    Thanks
    Saad

Paul

I would recommend you keep the tenor the far side of ICS, i,e on a switch – I have come across some issues when using tenors behind PC running ICS. if you want any further email me on : info@broadtalk.ie

pat maher

please send more info on this could be interested
    thanks
    pat

Katherine

Hello everybody!!! I need information about VoIP but just basic and simple things such as what is VoIP? how conveniant is it if the power goes down or if there is not internet for a couple hours? is it really the cheapest way to communicate long distance? am i able to make a phone call from my computer to a regular phone that doesn’t work with IP?
    Thanks I’ll be looking forward to ur answers
    PSD: all other input about this technology is welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.