Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

how to setup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RDK

I travel a lot on business and want an easy way to call home.

What I would like to do is use VOIP from my laptop to contact my desktop at home and then dial out on the phone line usually used for fax calls in my home office.

I don’t need to have incoming calls or to be able to do anything other than to call my home desktop and then initiate an outside dialed call.

Then I can call family and friends at home for free while on the road.

Can anyone tell me how to set this up? I am thinking that it should just be a software application and that I would not need any more hardware. I think that I may require a VPN but am thinking about setting that up anyway.

I have a cable modem with a Linksys router and its native firewall installed. I would like to limit the ability to connect to just my laptop, perhaps by using MAC addresses or some sort of password protection.

For security I would like to be able to

Paul M

Try MYPhone .About redirection I think you would need a VIOP router to allow a call in and call out on another line I use Planet 400 for that but the receptionist usually makes the out going call but I,m sure its possible

DAKAYI

Morning;

my new quintum TENOR AS Serie failed to work yesterday after 1 moon.
    when I put it on, all the LEDs is on ( Green Led) unless activity, link and status leds which are off.
    I tried communication between quintum console and PC via RS 232 CONNECTION and terminal emmulation software, but the connection to the TENOR doesn’t established.

what can be the solution

Regards

OrdeJ

To DAKAYI

Did you try to update software in Quintum? It looks like software is not ok.
    Try this – connect quintum on hyperterminal – press diag and resset button – enter login/pass – set quintum as ftp – update with new software.
    You will have to import license file.

shaba

I have a quintum tenor AXM. I can connect vai serial but can’t ping or telnet! does any one knows what the problem could be?

MikeM

did you check to see if you have the default gateway and subnet mask set correctly? Also, did you check to make sure that managementaccess is set to 1 to enable telnet and ftp? This setting can be found in the ethernet interface (ei sl1dv1ei1).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.