Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

quintum hop off calls to pstn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mnet

helloo sirs..how does the hop off feature onthe quintum asm200 work? can you like call a local usa DID and have the call hop off to a pstn line in lets say china, and just pay for local usa call??
    please ce. thanks.

Wilson Boyrie

You are on the US.

Call into the Quintum on the US.Go via VOIP to anywhere on the world.

Pass trought a Quintum gateway, use the dial tone attached to the second gateway (China dial tone), and call anywhere in the city or country where the second gateway is located at.

Person in China call the chinese quintum. Goes VOIP to USA,call anywhere in USA.

Pay only for the internet and dial tones on both ends.

And the long distance companies will be crying, crying.

And ATT will be bought by SBC…….

OOOPssssss!!!! It happened already.

marlon

how do i configure the 2 quintums to operate like this?
    (Pass trought a Quintum gateway, use the dial tone attached to the second gateway (China dial tone), and call anywhere in the city or country where the second gateway is located at.)
    can this work while quintum is acting as a calling card gateway using the fxo ports?
    please advice. thanks.

Wilson boyrie

No trouble sharing the gateways.

The only trouble is if the gateway in china is very busy (all the channels are busy most of the time because the carrier is using every available channel).
    in that case, you may send a call from USA to china and get a “no circuit avaialable”.
    A way around could be leaving one channel out of the group for this type of calls.
    Post your e-mail and I will contact you about the details.

Wilson Boyrie.

mnet

here is my email wilson: falcn25@yahoo.com
    thanks.

Elkabong

How can I configure the Quintum AS400 to receive a pstn call and re-direct the call to an extension on a server like Asterisk or SER for example? Do I have to use SIP or should I use H323?

Thanks in Advance

Elkabong

Wilson Boyrie

One way to do it is using “Forced routing number”, under the tab “advanced” of the trunk circuit routing group.

That will send the call from the PSTN to a number that is routable by the Quintum.

That means that if the number is reachable by the Quintum under normal operation, the call to the PSTN will be sent to that number .

Best regards.

Wilson Boyrie.

Elkabong

Thanks for your suggestion Wilson but I did try that before and it dials the extension from what I can see in the logs on my Asterisk Server. Somehow you are not hearing the prompts from the Asterisk Server because we can only hear the ringback on the quintum side. So I am lost.

Wilson Boyrie

Sounds like a trouble with the Asterisk.

I tried that before, sending calls from a Quintum to a IVR system and worked.

The other posibility existed on the old A400 and A800, but I am not sure about the new ones.

It was called “ip extension”
    Instead of sending the calls to a “number”, the calls get sent to a I.P. addrees and a port number.

I do not know if they did away with this function on the new ones or still there under a diferent name.
    Maybe someone else have that info and could help.

Best luck!!!

Wilson Boyrie.

El kabong

Wilson,

Thank for your reply.

Can you tell me how to configure the Quintum AS400 to receive calls from a remote SIP extension like an extension that is registered on an Asterisk server.

For example a user has extension 1001 registered on Asterisk and wants to call an FXS extension on the Quintum. The quintum has registered on Asterisk as extension 1002.

regards,

El Kabong

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.