Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Configuring a Quintum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    apso

How hard is configuring a Quintum?
    Do you need any especial background, or can anyone do it?

Teodor Georgiev

How hard is to fix a car?
    Do you need any special background, or can anyone do it?

Replace Quintum and car with:

regifrator, chair…etc

apso

ok ok.. but what kind of background is good? maybe IT?

MikeM

Apso,

In my opinion, having a telecom background is much better than an IT background. I have found that someone with telecom can pick up the IP side much quicker than the reverse.

Tom H

I 100% agree. The VoIP industry is full of IT people who do not understand telecomms at all.

Teodor Georgiev

Especially the “IT genius” people from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka 🙂

They always brag how professional they are, until you see them on the forums asking dumb questions under a faked name 🙂

MikeM

The big problem is understanding signaling. Most IT people cannot grasp the concept of signaling on lines like ISDN, Wink, etc., since there is no signaling like this in IP. Once you understand signaling, the rest is simple.

Teodor Georgiev

Mike,

have you noted that SIP is liked mostly by people who come to the VoIP world from the “IP” side, not from the “telecom” side. The main reason is – they are afraid of the Q.931 side of the H.323.

That is my opinion.

MikeM

Teodor,

It just proves my point how IT people just have trouble understanding signaling.

apso

Any of you experts, can you please tell me why I am having problems with my calls?

I cant hear anything once I am connected to the other side. I dont know if its my carrier or my own problem. But I need help!

Please email me> unimundo_telecom@yahoo.co.uk

MikeM

Apso,

If you are only getting one way audio, the most common reason for this is a firewall blocking the voice port or your ISP may be blocking the voice port.

apso

I think you are right, do you know what ports I should forward if I am using H.323 behind NAT? PLS..

MikeM

Apso,

I would suggest you forward all ports (put the Tenor in the full DMZ) as this will be the easiest. Otherwise you can go to Quintum’s web site to get a list of ports and try that, but I really do suggest opening all ports.

apso

Quintum is in DMZ.. however I am using a new route… and now I cant hear my calls.

MikeM

Apso,

So you have the same router and router config with Tenor in the DMZ and on the old IP network it worked fine, but now you have a new IP network where no calls get voice?

Please clarify.

thanks
    Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.