Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

quintum dinamic extip

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MKD

How to set quintum asm400 to work with adsl with dinamic ip?
    Can be connected directly to adsl modem – dlink dsl-360t?

MikeM

MKD,

If you plan to receive traffic from IP to the ASM, you will need a Gatekeeper on a static, public IP that the ASM can register to and that all the other devices can query so that they know what IP address to send their calls to.

MKD

Thx MikeM

Gatekeeper is on static ip.
    I also read manual from quintum for extip – var_config.cfg file – but its not working for me.

Mikem

MKD,

There are 2 issues here.

1. You only need to use the extip feature on the Tenor when the Tenor is on a private IP and the public IP side is dynamic. If the Tenor is connected directly to the public IP (even though it is dynamic), you do not need to use extip.

2. If you do need to use extip because Tenor is on a private IP, with dynamic public, then the gatekeeper MUST be a Quintum gatekeeper or Quintum product with gatekeeper built in.

Mike

MKD

Hi MikeM
    I will explain how i’m working now.
    I have adsl modem connected on pc with winroute on firs lan adapter and second lan adapter is connected to switch where is quintum connected.
    So pc have public ip and quintum have private ip – 192.168.0.2
    Every time i have new public ip i have to change extip.

I can’t find more info how to connect quintum directly to modem so he will use PPPoe – so instead pc to dial adsl modem, quintum will connect to internet. I dont even have to know what public ip i have in that moment.

MikeM

MKD,

Your first problem is going to be with the PC running as a firewall for your network. This will only cause you problems and you should really stay away from using a PC with Windows for any type of network appliance. I suggest you go with a well known dsl modem with built-in firewall and switch like a linksys or even a Cisco. Yes Cisco is great at routing, switching and firewalls.

Once you do this, you will still have the problem of the Tenor being on a private IP with a dynamic public IP NAT’d to it. As I explained in my previous email, the only way you can resolve this is that you MUST have a Quintum Gatekeeper or a Quintum product with built-in Gatekeeper on a static public IP and only then can you use the extIP feature as it is documented on Quintum’s web site.

MKD

Thank you MikeM.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.