Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

webswitch 100 P4 G4

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 18 years ago by Norm.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kennyg

I have 2 webswitches, a P4 and a G4. I set them up and tested them no problem on the same LAN, but when I put them behind routers, I can only receive calls from the G4. When I try to access the G4 I get dialtone from the far switch every third or fourth try, and then I can’t transmit, only receive. I have tried just about every configuration, including different routers and none at all. The network is connected through 2 motorola surfboard cable modems, 1 at each end.
    Any Ideas?

Norm

If you have it working on a lan then use VPN routers to keep an easy conection going.

Kennyg

Thanks Norm. I actually got these two working, after about a month of playing around. The Linksys w54tg router I was using wasn’t giving me a true DMZ, ended up with a data link on one end and an older Linksys on the other. Works great!

Thanks for the VPN idea.

Ken

Norm

Just curious then are you putting them on the web with a public ip and have you had any hacker problems. I have two P4s working between two offices. There are some funny things going on due to different switchs. Using one P4 I get ring back tone but no connection, with another P4 I get no ring back tone but get connection. The P4 that gives ring back tone and no conection on outgoing calls recieves no problem. Any thoughts on that one?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.