Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

USOC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Phippy

I’m trying to find some sites that house USOC codes and their for the various vendors.

Are there any such sites or should I be asking in a more appropriate place?

Thanks for your time.

Jason Maryland

Phippy,

USOC – the “Universal Service Ordering Code” goes way back to AT&T before divestiture. Various vendors shouldn’t have their own codes for the items. Are you asking about USOC numbers for telephone connections such as “RJ-45S, RJ-11C” and such? These codes are examples of those that designate the various types of connections used. There were codes in the old day for everything that was ordered from AT&T. Many are still in use by telephone companies on phone bills. If it is for connectors – check Black Box catalog – they list them with nice diagrams.

Jason

Phippy

Thanks Jason,

I’m talking about the USOC’s that are used by the Telecom industry to represent various monthly billing charges in the EDI feed.

Different vendors do indeed have different definitions for the same code and some make them up on the fly. Our business is breaking down these insanely complex codes to make telecom bills easier to understand. I’m just trying to locate what sources I can for as many code definitions as possible.

Jason Maryland

Phippy,

Those codes are the golden grail of Telecom billing. Each time I work with a different telecom vendor I need to confirm what they mean by the codes, many such as 1mb stay the same. The problem you will encounter with many vendors is that the code is placed by a human for billing purposes, and as such it doesn’t really mean you have that exact service or option. A few books on billing have listed the general ones out. If it would help you I can pass on a few titles. But from my experience – you need to determine what a particular vendor uses and what they use them for.

Good luck.

Jason

PS – by the way it was nice to see a general Telecom question pop up on here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.