Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PBX and Quintum ASM400

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Orde

Hi to all.

I recently buy SOHO-PBX and connect local ext. port to Quntum line port. But whan i dial local ext. Quntum doesn’t answer. If i connect PSTN line everithing is OK.

Can someone help?

Teodor Georgiev

You have to read on the difference between FXS and FXO analog ports.

Orde

Reading is not a point.

FXO port receive ringing voltage from PSTN line and it shold receive from local extension port of the PBX whan i dial that ext.

FXS port is for regular phone and i can connect Quintum to PBX on this port but as outside line.

Noname

The older model used to have a setting for “ring sensitivity”.
    Looks like your PBX equipment does not put a good ringing voltage out, or it does it in short burst instead of the international setting of one second on/two seconds off.
    Put a regular phone on the PBX extension,ring it and see what ringing pattern and AC voltage you are sending out of the PBX.
    Repeat the procedure with the PSTN line. You are bound to find that the voltage coming out of the PBX is diferent.
    Also, the PSTN is almost always 20 cicles per second ringing, when on PBX could be as high as 50 cicles.
    Just some troubleshooting ideas.

Best luck.

Orde

On PSTN voltage is 125 and 150 on ringing.
    On PBX voltage is 90 on ringing.

Is there any way to set 1-2 port on the Quintum to work with PSTN voltage, and 3-4 port to work with PBX voltage?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.