Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Digital or Analog

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 19 years ago by Wilson Boyrie.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hea

I am undecided weather to buy a digital or analog gateway!! Please help!

how can i know if my lines are digital or analog. i have asked my provider some say they are analog others say they are digital lines!

localaccess

it depends what you are trying to do. If it is for inter-office use, then analog gateway should be sufficient, between 2 to 8 lines. if you are needing a larger number of lines, then a digital gateway is a better choice.

Wilson Boyrie

Analog lines have dial tone that you could hear with a normal phone.like the one at home.
    Cost from 5 dollars a month to 40-50 dollars a month depending on the country.
    if you plug a phone on the oulet and hear dial tone ,it is analog.

Digital: Either a T1 or E1. Cost a minimun of 300-400 dollars a month on the cheapest places,up to $2000 or $4000 dollars a month on the third world countries and some first world places too.

Need special equipment to make calls, like a PBX ot a good instrument to test the lines.
    You could have even big cities where this service is not avaialble in some countries.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.