Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

12KHz / 16KHz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carlos

I am looking for VoIP GW (analogue FXS interface) that can generate 12KHz or 16KHz for an application involving real time billing on a Hotel’s PBX. Another method that could be used is battery reversal. Please advise!

Carlos

Does anyone have experience in installing VoIP GWs to trunk port of Hotel PBXs where the PBX uses metering pulse for its PMS billing? Thanks.

Teodor Georgiev

I do have.
    But with the help of external micro-devices sitting between the gateway and the PBX.
    So far I have seen a gateway being capable of sending 12/16Khz billing outpulses. What the gateways can do is just to reverse the polarity when a call starts/ends.

Carlos

Thanks Teodor, I see understand what you mean. Do you think there would be a demand for such GW?

Teodor Georgiev

could be. I think – yes.
    Also, the newer billing systems used on PBXes with ISDN PRI rely not on the 12/16Khz, but on the ETSI AOC (Advice of Charge) messages.
    The beast (Cisco) does not pass AOC messages between its PRI interfaces.
    Go figure it 🙂

Marco

Hello Teodor i’m facing the same problem what kind of device can i use to do so ?

Thanks

David

The LEAD Access system (http://www.leadip.com) has end-units which supports 12/16KHz metering pulse.
    However, they sell the end unit gateways only to operators and ISPs as part of their system.
    I don’t know if it helps you…?!

Teodor Georgiev

I have a contact with a local company who produces such kinds of devices (12/16Khz, polarity reversal, displays to outputlse/display the charging units).
    Contact me at tgeorgiev@is-bg.net if interested. I am not going to advertise.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.