Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

a800 as a gatekeper

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Agha

i hav quintum a800 i m using it with private ip & as a gatekeeper, i registered two internal softfones wid it and also one softfone from external network, when i dial from any internal softphone to any other sofphone registered with the quintum it works fine but when i dial from external one the call doesnt connect & the external phone shows that others are not online. so plzz tell me can it be possible for me to work.

MikeM

Agha,

You say that you are using the A800 as a gatekeeper with a private Ip, but you are trying to get calls from a phone with a public IP. Unfortunately, this will not work for several reasons. 1. The A800 will require both a public and a private Ip to allow the registrations between both and 2. when the external unit registers to the A800 and requests a destination for the number dialed, the only Ip addresses that the A800 has is the private IPs of the devices. The external (public) unit will not be able to route to a private IP. My suggestion for this is to purchase a call relay from Quintum (or reseller). The call relay would be setup on your private network with a public IP as well and you can have the external device route calls directly to the call relay and it will translate the public ip to private to your phones on the internal network. This is an IP-to-IP call.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.