Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

quintum D2400 false answer supervision

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nimi

Hello!
    We are (trying) to do call t e rmination with D2400 Quintum that connected to ADTRAN 850 channel bank, thats conneceted to the local PTT with analog lines.
    we set the supervision to answer and disconnect, and the problem is that when a bad number is dialed, the local PTT plays a classical music followed by “the number you have dialed is incorrect” – what cause false answer supervision..
    What can we do to work around this?
    Thanks!

MikeM

Nimi,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this. The Quintum’s answer supervision can not tell the difference between a recorded voice and a regular voice. It simply looks for voice frequency to see if the call has been answered. You may want to see if any other type of answer supervision is offered by your PTT such as reverse battery.

Nimi

Thank you Mike,

I was thinking about reversed battery as well, but unfortunately the local PTT wouldn’t support it (also, I think that reversed battery suffers from disconnect supervision, but it is easier to solve though).

Another thing that is running through my head is to use R2 signaling, as the local PTT supports it. The problem is that we have a Quintum with a T1 interface and not an E1…I’ve tried to use it with the default settings of R2 but it didn’t work, I’m just wandering if there is a possibility that it may work? (I don’t have lot of experience with R2).

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.