Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

alepo + cisco TCL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brad

Hi,

is there anyone who works with alepo and cisco?
    Can you give me which TCL do you use for prepaid?
    I try several TCLs, but I couldnt make ANI auhentication, can you give the Exact name of your TCL which you can make both ANI and PIN authentication…

thanks
    brad

Honza Vomacka

The “embedded” IOS TCL scripts for ANI authentication should work fine. They are not exactly “user-friendly”, but provide the correct functionality.
    Perhaps you should replace your billing with something more flexible?

brad

hi,

I need only the TCL name, I can download from cisco web site, but there are many TCLs… I tried debitcard.tcl it doesnt work with alepo… can you say the exact name of TCL?
    thanks

Honza Vomacka

For instance “clid_authen_npw”. You may check PortaBilling User Guide – it is publicly available and have detailed instructions on how to configure your Cisco gateway for ANI services.
    But if even the standard debitcard application does not worj with your billing – what can I say? You’ve chosen a great vendor for your billing 😉

Alepo

All of Cisco’s TCL scripts work out of the box with Alepo.

Debug the scripts in Cisco to make sure your problem is actually radius related and not dial plan, otherwise contact Alepo Support, its available 24/7 to all customer under support contract.

Cisco’s ANI scripts are not available for download from CCO. These are default scripts burned in you IOS. clid_authen_npw is indeed one of them and will work well with Alepo.

Debitcard.tcl can not be used for ANI, its Cisco’s calling card IVR application and it works out of the box with Alepo. See Alepo admin guide or release note for Cisco configuration example.

Don’t worry about Honza Vomacka comments. He has no idea what he is talking about. He is probably getting paid by Porta to bash competing billing vendors. I don’t think he ever used an Alepo system.

You own one of the most professional and flexible VoIP billing software in the market.

Alepo is written in multi-threaded C++ code and is intended at professional VoIP providers where reliability and service continuity is important.
    Alepo grid architecture enable you to add nodes in a live system to maximize response time and service continuity.

With Porta you are stuck with one machine that can’t faillover to another or even use multiple CPU’s.
    It’s a hobbyist system that is nothing but a modified linux distribution containing unsupported, sometimes buggy, open source software, and a proprietary perl script you usually get for free in cpan.org or hotscripts.com.
    You don’t get a fraction of the flexibility and performance you get from Alepo but you do pay about the same price.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.