Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

quintum help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    voip2481

I have a quintum Ax800.recently i purchases a VOIP TOLL FREE from telco.could you plz help me in configuring he ip address of telco gateway in my system to accept the calls which telco will forward to me.
    thanks=

wilson boyrie

If you are receiving the 1800 calls via PSTN, you do ot need to do anything. The calls will be routed to your normal phone numbers, the ones connected already to the PSTN ports.
    If you are trying to get the 1800 calls via VOIP, there are several troubles:

1)The Quintum could not play IVR over VOIP, then you will not be able to play the IVR to those 1800 callers.

2)All calls received VOIP could only go out of the box via the PSTN ports or the PBX ports.You will not be able to receive calls via VOIP and send them out via VOIP again, that is called a call relay box (start price around $6000 US dollars)

If you have not entered any I.P. on the “allowed” table, the gateway is open, anyone that have your I.P. could send calls.

If you enter even a single I.P. on the “allowed” or “barred” table, every gateway that will sedn calls need to be incluided on the list.

Here is a example of a “open” gateway.

Gatekeeper Administration
    ————————-

Endpoint Authorization Type = 0 (None)

Allowed Endpoints
    IP Mask
    No Allowed Endpoints Configured

Barred Endpoints
    IP Mask
    No Barred Endpoints Configured

Good luck!!!!

Larance

I have Quintum A800. I am sending VOIP traffic trough it. However it starts charging as soon as the PSTN phone starts ringing. Could yu help me to avoide this and make the line reversal signal go to charging only at the answer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.