Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Problems with Webswitch 100

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    outlooker

After updating to version 3r4a,many problems are easy to be found.

1. “call without gatekeeper” does not work even if modify the atpm list while version 2r01 does work properly.

2. “auto find gatekeeper” does not work in P4.

3. “time to live” does not work at all which is the most important function.

If anyone found any bug or problem please post here.

Mike

Does anybody know how to reset the ws100 G4 to default IP? thanks!

outlooker

If you can telnet G4.use admin/superuser to login, then use command “bootChange” the set IP.otherwise since G4’s firmware is 3r3 or higher,you are supposed to use RS232 line to change IP.

mike

Can you show me how to do it with the RS232, I couldn’t find the RS232C cable with mini Din-9 plug to fit the G4 serial port. I tried with the DB 9 connect to the mini-9 port with wires, but I don’t know the correct pin map. Thank you!

ldcompany1@dslextreme.com

outlooker

in
    http://www.voip-calculator.com/forum/voip/thread.htx?thread=1681#10111

Fractal – 1 Nov 2004

WS100 serial connection:

Pins 1,2,4 NC
    Pins 3,5,7 GND
    Pin 6 Reset (Act Low)
    Pin 8 Serial data in (TTL)
    Pin 9 +3.3v
    Pin 10 Serial data out (TTL)

You’ll need to convert the TTL serial data to RS-232 levels (+/- insteead of 0/+3.3). I used an NPN transistor and base resistor for input from PC to WS and a PNP, 2 resistors and data out (for negative supply) from a 2nd serial port to get data from pin 10 to PC input. You could use the standard 1488,1489 if you have them. However, I still cannot get the unit to boot even after setting everything on “c” menu. I did do a “C” (capital) and cleared something, was this a bad thing to do??

Dan (different one than previous posts)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.