Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Need Help With A New VoIP Setup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan2000

Hi i am totaly new to VoIP so any help would be really great basicaly this is my stiuation i have a windows network at my home and i would like to upgrade my phones to VoIP i would use Cisco 9740 phones but i would like to know if there is a peice of hardware that can pick up the voice signals from the lan as plugging into the box is not practical for me and send it off down my BT line using PSTN and then when people call me pick up the signal from BT and send it off to my phones.

Any help would be great thanks very much

Noname

A gateway with a FXo interface is what you need.
    A VOIP capable cisco router will take a phone line into the FXo interface, transfer to VOIP and send it to the phoens using the LAN on the house.
    Do not see much of and advantage over a normal phone system on your configuration, except the practive in VOIP that you will get.

Good luck!!!!

Al

I live in an apt and also live real close to a free WiFi Burger King, less than 75yards. What I’m looking for is a totaly free VoIP where I can call ANY phone ANY where for free. Now I’ve seen some where there is a low per min. usage, however, I’m woundering if any are totaly free. Thanks for any and all help. al.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.