Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Using Cisco 2600XM as a VoIP Gateway

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    IH

VoIPers,

I started looking at the Cisco 1760-v to use as a gateway for my startup ITSP business (with billing being outsourced at the beginning), however I found out it can only support up to 30 voice channels so I decided to go for a bit more scalable gateway but still keep the cost at a minimum. I found out the Cisco 2611XM to be a good gateway to start with.. I believe it supports up to 60 voice channels, and can work as a gatekeeper under a different IOS if I decide to use it for that purpose in the future.

My questions are:

– Do you think I made a good decision by using such a gateway and outsource billing for now?
    – Has anybody used the 2600MX as a gateway that can provide me any feedback on its opertaion, reliability, integration with other vendor’s billing systems?
    – Any sample configs for the 2600MX are greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance,

IH

Noname

I am surprised to hear about the 1760 gateway to be good up to 30 channels.
    I thought that it was only good for few analog lines.

About outsourced billing: The best thing that you could do. It will save you a lot of troubles when you buy the real billing system.
    What you learn on someone else billing system will help you keep sales people honest when you start shoping for a billing system.
    And that is a challenge!!!!!!
    About using the 2611 as a gatekeeper:I found out that you could have a real good gatekeeper for less than $200 . Buy a MC3810, get the righ IOS, and you get a nice gatekeeper, Cisco.
    You could not beat the price,even could keep a second one on standby and still be lower than $500.00 dollars total.
    Good luck!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.